Encyclopedia of jazz on records. Jazz of the thirties.
- Encyclopedia of jazz on records. Vol. 2 : Jazz of the thirties.
- New York : Decca, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||JS664||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Gray, Glen, 1906-1963
- Kirk, Andy, 1898-1992
- Webb, Chick
- Fitzgerald, Ella
- Bechet, Sidney, 1897-1959
- Tharpe, Rosetta, 1915-1973
- Henderson, Fletcher, 1897-1952
- Kirby, John, 1908-1952
- Crosby, Bob, 1913-1993
- Miller, Glenn, 1904-1944
- Basie, Count, 1904-1984
- Casa Loma Orchestra, performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- Dorsey Brothers Orchestra, performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- Noble Sissle\u0027s Swingsters, performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- Onyx Club Boys, performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra, performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm; 12 in.
- Alternative Title
- Jazz of the thirties
- Chinatown, my Chinatown.
- St. Louis blues.
- Walkin\u0027 and swingin\u0027.
- Sing me a swing song.
- That\u0027 all.
- Down south camp meetin\u0027.
- From A flat to C.
- South Rampart Street parade.
- Moonlight Bay.
- Roseland shuffle.
- Swanee River.
- Title from container.
- Jazz music performed by various artists.
- Compiled by Leonard Feather as a recorded counterpart of "The Encyclopedia of Jazz" and "The Encyclopedia Yearbook of Jazz."
- Program notes on container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded from 1934-1938.
- Chinatown, my Chinatown (Glen Gray and the Casa Loma Orchestra) -- St. Louis blues (Dorsey Brothers\u0027s Orchestra) -- Walkin\u0027 and swingin\u0027 (Andy Kirk and his orchestra) -- Sing me a swing song (Chick Webb and his orchestra and Ella Fitzgerald) -- Blackstick (Sidney "Pops" Bechet with Noble Sissle\u0027s Swingsters) -- That\u0027s all (Sister Rosetta Tharpe) -- Down south camp meetin\u0027 (Fletcher Henderson and his orchestra) -- From A flat to C (John Kirby and his Onyx Club Boys) -- South Rampart Street parade (Bob Crosby and his orchestra) -- Moonlight Bay (Glenn Miller and his orchestra) -- Roseland shuffle (Count Basie and his orchestra) -- Swanee River (Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries