Taking the wall : stories
- Taking the wall : stories / Jonis Agee.
- Agee, Jonis.
- Minneapolis : Coffee House Press, 1999.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PS3551.G4 T35 1999||Off-site|
- 180 pages; 22 cm
- "As the engines roar and the green flag waves, these stories tear across their rural landscape with the energy of a Winston Cup race. Like W.P. Kinsella's minor league ballplayers, Jonis Agee's drivers, pit crews, mechanics, and their families live in small towns, eat at truck stops, and try to figure out how to keep their families running as smoothly as their cars.
- In farmhouses, mobile homes, and roadside trailer courts, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters open our eyes as they take the wall."--BOOK JACKET.
- Good to Go -- The Level of My Uncertainty -- Over the Point of Cohesion -- The Pop Off Valve -- Omaha -- What's It Take? -- The Trouble with the Truth -- Losing Downforce -- You Know I Am Lying -- Getting the Heat Up -- The First Obligation -- Flat Spotting -- What I'm Doing in Missouri -- Dwight Tuggle -- Mile a Mud -- The Luck of Junior Strong -- Adjusting the Bite -- Billy Kitchen -- Caution -- Mystery of Numbers.
- 1566890888 (alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries