- Dead ringers / The Mantle Clinic II, Ltd. ; produced in association with Morgan Creek Productions, Inc. ; produced with the participation of Telefilm Canada ; a James G. Robinson and Joe Roth presentation ; directed by David Cronenberg ; produced by David Cronenberg and Marc Boyman ; written by David Cronenberg and Norman Snider.
- Irvington, NY : The Voyager Company, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Moving image||Use in library||LF399||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 3 videodiscs (178 min.) : sound, color; 12 in.
- Identical twin gynecologists, one suave the other introspective, share the same medical practice, the same apartment and the same women. When one special woman enters their lives, their bizarre bond is threatened for the first time, sending them into a whirlpool of sexual confusion, drugs and madness. "Crimes of the future" presents a drama in which Adrian Tripod tries to combat the malady that is killing girls before they reach the age of puberty.
- Series Statement
- Criterion collection ; 305
- Uniform Title
- Criterion collection ; 305.
- Alternative Title
- Crimes of the future.
- Based on the book Twins by Bari Wood and Jack Geasland.
- Videodisc release of the 1988 motion picture.
- Includes these special features: audio commentary by David Cronenberg, Jeremy Irons, editor Ronald Sanders, production designer Carol Spier, and Peter Suschitzky ; publicity and production stills, plus posters ; twinning effect/motion control footage ; "Double Trouble," a study of Dead Ringers\u0027 special effects by Don Shay of Cinefex magazine ; electronic press kit, including a trailer and featurette ; "Crimes of the Future", a complete early Cronenberg feature (ca. 63 min.).
- Credits (note)
- Director of photography, Peter Suschitzky ; music, Howard Shore ; production designer, Carol Spier ; editor, Ronald Sanders.
- System Details (note)
- Laser optical (Sides 1-4, CAV ; sides 5-6, CLV); Dolby surround stereo, digital sound ; digital tracks: original film soundtrack ; analog track 1: original film soundtrack ; analog track 2: audio commentary.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries