Sixteen famous European plays
- Sixteen famous European plays / compiled by Bennett A. Cerf and Van H. Cartmell ; with an introduction by John Anderson.
- New York : Modern Library, , ©1943.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PN6112 .S56||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xxv, 1052 pages; 22 cm.
- Series Statement
- Modern library of the world's best books
- Modern library giants ; G71
- Uniform Title
- Modern library of the world's best books.
- Modern Library giants ; G71.
- Pioneers in the modern European drama: The wild duck / by Henrik Ibsen. The weavers / by Gerhart Hauptmann -- Russian plays: The sea gull / by Aanton Tchekov. The lower depths / by Maxim Gorky. The Dybbuk / by S. Ansky -- French plays: Cyrano de Bergerac / by Edmond Rostand. Tovarich / by Jacques Deval. Amphitryon 38 / by Jean Giraudoux -- Italian and Spanish plays: The cradle song / by G. Martinez Sierra. Six characters in search of an author / by Luigi Pirandello -- Middle-European plays: Anatol / by Arthur Schnitzler. R.U.R. / by Karel Capek. Liliom / by Ferenc Molnar. Grand Hotel / by Vicki Baum -- Irish plays: The playboy of the western world / by John M. Synge. Shadow and substance / by Paul Vincent Carroll.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries