Joyce/Lowry : critical perspectives
- Joyce/Lowry : critical perspectives / Patrick A. McCarthy and Paul Tiessen, editors.
- Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, 1997.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PR6019.O9 Z667 1997||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- x, 206 pages; 25 cm
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Patrick A. McCarthy -- 1. Midsummer Madness and the Day of the Dead: Joyce, Lowry, and Expressionism / Sherrill Grace -- 2. Clown Meets Cops: Comedy and Paranoia in Under the Volcano and Ulysses / Joseph C. Voelker -- 3. "Well, of course, if we knew all the things": Coincidence and Design in Ulysses and Under the Volcano / Chris Ackerly -- 4. Ulysses and Under the Volcano: The Difficulty of Loving / Richard K. Cross -- 5. Nationalism at the Bar: Anti-Semitism in Ulysses and Under the Volcano / Brian W. Shaffer -- 6. The Construction of Femininity in Ulysses and Under the Volcano: A Bakhtinian Analysis of the Late Draft Versions / Sue Vice -- 7. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Ultramarine: Two Exercises in Identification / Suzanne Kim -- 8. Syphilisation and Its Discontents: Somatic Indications of Psychological Ills in Joyce and Lowry / Martin Bock -- 9. The World as Book, the Book as Machine: Art and Life in Joyce and Lowry / Patrick A. McCarthy --
- 10. Literary Modernism and Cinema: Two Approaches / Paul Tiessen -- 11. The Filmmaker as Critic: Huston's Under the Volcano and The Dead / Rebecca Hughes and Kieron O'Hara.
- 0813120020 (alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries