Scrambled eggs & whiskey : poems, 1991-1995
- Scrambled eggs & whiskey : poems, 1991-1995 / Hayden Carruth.
- Carruth, Hayden, 1921-2008.
- Port Townsend, Wash. : Copper Canyon Press, , ©1996.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PS3505.A77594 S57 1996||Off-site|
- 101 pages; 23 cm
- "There can be no doubt that Hayden Carruth is one of the pre-eminent American poets of the late twentieth century. In these poems written since publication of his Collected Shorter Poems, 1946-1991, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award, he speaks with intimate and urgent clarity of love late in life, and in heartrending poems addresses his daughter's struggle against cancer. In others he engages the loves, friendships, and social concerns of a lifetime. With passion and pathos and great good humor, in poems that could only be written by a mature poet at the height of his powers, Carruth achieves a nobility of vision that is rare in any age."--BOOK JACKET.
- Alternative Title
- Scrambled eggs and whiskey
- Five-Thirty AM -- Flying into St. Louis -- Solemnization -- Wife Poem -- The Hyacinth Garden in Brooklyn -- Another -- The Soft Time of the Year -- Birthday Cake -- Quality of Wine -- Resorts -- California -- A Summer with Tu Fu -- Auburn Poem -- August 1945 -- Snow Storm -- Testament -- Endnote -- Folk Song: On the Road Again -- Forty-Five -- The Last Poem in the World -- Homage to Edwin Muir -- April Clean-Up -- I, I, I -- In Pharaoh's Tomb -- Bennington Poem -- Alteration -- Ecstasy -- February Morning -- The Woodcut on the Cover of Robert Frost's Complete Poems -- Particularity -- Rubaiyat -- Saturday at the Border -- Surrealism -- The Camps -- Swept -- The Best, the Most -- The Brook -- The Chain -- Isabel's Garden, May 14 -- Lilac Time -- The Curtain -- Window Blind -- Mort aux Belges! -- Pittsburgh -- Overlooking Pittsburgh -- Faxes to William -- Good Old Word Blues -- Graves -- Waterloo -- What to Do -- Notes on Poverty -- Song: Now That She is Here -- The Beat -- In the Long Hall -- The Woods -- This Morning -- Thorntrees -- In Georgetown -- Prepare -- Little Citizen, Little Survivor -- Scrambled Eggs and Whiskey.
- 1556591098 (cloth)
- 1556591101 (pbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries