Julia Margaret Cameron : arresting beauty
- Julia Margaret Cameron : arresting beauty / Lisa Springer and Marta Weiss.
- Springer, Lisa
- London : Thames and Hudson, 2023.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Use in library||TR140.C27 S67 2023g||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 207 pages : illustrations (color); 24 cm
- An introduction to the work and the world of pioneering photographer Julia Margaret Cameron, 'Arresting Beauty' presents more than 120 images from the V&A's collection, the largest holding of Cameron's photographs in the world. Exploring her unique artistry, this book reaffirms her position as one of the most innovative and influential photographers of all time.
- Alternative Title
- Arresting beauty
- "Victoria and Albert Museum object numbers have been included in the captions for all the illustrated collections items. Those with the collection reference letters RPS belong to the Royal Photographic Society Collection, Victoria and Albert Museum, acquired with the generous assistance of the Heritage Lottery Fund and Art Fund" -- colophon.
- Published in association with the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Arresting beauty / Marta Weiss -- Beauty that came after me : the art of photography -- Poets, prophets, painters and lovely maidens : pioneering portraits -- Voice and memory and creative vigour : Cameron's storytelling.
- Call Number
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries