Songs of Ned Rorem.
- Songs of Ned Rorem.
- Rorem, Ned, 1923-
- [U.S.] : Columbia, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||L2394||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono; 12 in.
- Uniform Title
- Songs. Selections
- Alternative Title
- In part excerpts from song cycles.
- Sung in English; words by various poets.
- Biographical and program notes by William Flanagan on container; texts of the songs ( p.) inserted.
- Also issued in stereo.: MS 6561.
- Poems by Robert Herrick, Ben Jonson, John Dryden and Orlando Gibbons (Song for a girl ; To the willow tree ; Echo\u0027s song ; Upon Julia\u0027s clothes ; The silver swan) (9:02) -- Three psalms (134, 148, 150) (7:30) -- Poems by Paul Goodman and Theodore Roethke (The lordly Hudson ; Snake ; Rain in spring ; Root cellar ; Sally\u0027s smile ; Such beauty as hurts to behold ; My Papa\u0027s waltz) (11;40) -- Poems by Robert Hillyer, Gertrude Stein, Howard Moss and Elizabeth Bishop (Early in the morning ; I am Rose ; See how they love me ; Visits to Saint Elizabeths) (7:45) -- Three medieval poems (anon. c. 1500) (A Christmas carol ; The nightingale ; The call) (3:53) -- Poems by Gerald Manley Hopkins and Walt Whitman (Spring and fall ; Spring ; To you ; Youth, day, old age and night ; O you whom I often and silently come) (6:56) -- Poems by Robert Browning, Padriac Pearse, Edmund Spenser and R.L. Stevenson (Pippa\u0027s song ; Lullaby of the woman of the mountain ; What if some little pain ; In a gondola ; Requiem) (10:00)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries