- Seven songs / by Howard Swanson. Prairie songs / by Roger Goeb. Concert aria after Solomon / by Ben Weber.
- Swanson, Howard, 1907-1978.
- New York NY : American Recording Society, 1953.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||L879||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 audio disc : 33 1/3 rpm; 12 in.
- Series Statement
- 200 years of American music
- Uniform Title
- Songs. Selections
- 200 years of American music.
- Alternative Title
- Prairie songs.
- Concert aria after Solomon.
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967 > Musical settings
- Songs (High voice) with piano
- Lindsay, Vachel, 1879-1931 > Musical settings
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 > Musical settings
- Wind quintets (Bassoon, clarinet, flute, horn, oboe)
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra
- Song of Solomon (Music)
- Markham, Edwin, 1852-1940 > Musical settings
- The 1st work for soprano and piano; the 2nd, for woodwind quintet; the 3rd, for soprano and orchestra.
- Vocal works sung in English. Swanson texts by Langston Hughes, Vachel Lindsay, Carl Sandburg and Edwin Markham; the Weber text from Canticle of canticles, V:10-16.
- Biographical notes and song texts on container.
- "Produced expressly for American Recording Society by the Ditson Musical Foundation."
- Songs: The Negro speaks of rivers -- Joy -- Ghosts in love -- Night song -- Still life -- The junk man -- The valley.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries