Satiesfictions : promenades with Erik Satie
- Satiesfictions : promenades with Erik Satie / a film by Anne-Kathrin Peitz & Youlian Tabakov ; written by Anne-Kathrin Peitz ; produced by Paul Smaczny ; a production of Accentus Music, in coproduction with WDR, in cooperation with ARTE.
- [Leipzig, Germany] : Accentus Music, 
- Supplementary Content
- View cover art
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Moving image||Use in library||MUSDVD2171||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Peitz, Anne-Kathrin
- Tabakov, Youlian, 1975-
- Smaczny, Paul
- Satie, Erik, 1866-1925
- Cocteau, Jean, 1889-1963
- Man Ray, 1890-1976
- Sauguet, Henri, 1901-1989
- Auric, Georges, 1899-1983
- Bertin, Pierre, 1891-1984
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989
- Hermann, Steffen
- Eydmann, Maria
- Schleiermacher, Steffen
- Satie, Erik, 1866-1925.
- GrauSchumacher Piano Duo, instrumentalist. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/itr
- ACCENTUS Music (Firm), production company. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prn
- Westdeutscher Rundfunk, production company. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prn
- Association relative à la télévision européenne, production company. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prn
- 1 videodisc (71 min., 39 sec.) : sound, color, black and white; 4 3/4 in. +
- "Always armed with wisecracks, umbrella, and a bowler hat, Erik Satie was not only on the outside one of the strangest figures in the early 20th century French avant-garde; he was a composer, designer, church founder, PR pioneer, and master of witty remarks. In playful episodes, the documentary iIlluminates the overall phenomenon of Satie. His countless imaginary advertisements evolve into real commercials, and his drawings take on a life of their own as cartoons. Divas, dogs, puppets, and children, as well as pianists playing pianos stacked on top of each other are featured in scenic interludes, while performers turn into "musical furniture" in swimming pools, factories, or at train stations. Interwoven with accounts by Satie's associates and music experts, the film offers a unique insight into Satie's cosmos of word and sound"--Container.
- Uniform Title
- Satiesfictions (Documentary film)
- Alternative Title
- Promenades with Erik Satie
- Documentary films.
- Special feature: music by Erik Satie (La belle excentrique; Valse du chocolat aux amades & Ce que dit la petite Princesse des tulipes; Nocturne no. 4; Stock market report à la Satie (in English or German))
- Credits (note)
- Editor, Steffen Herrmann ; camera, Adam Nilsson, Stephan Boerger ; producer, Paul Smaczny.
- Performer (note)
- Jean Cocteau, Man Ray, Henri Sauguet, Pierre Bertin, Virgil Thomson.
- System Details (note)
- DVD, NTSC 16:9, region 0; PCM stereo.
- Language (note)
- In French and English with optional English, French, German, Japanese, and Korean subtitles.
- La Belle Excentriquet (8:23) -- Valse du Chocolat aux Amandes, Ce que dit la petite Princesse des Tulipes (1:53) -- Nocturne No. 4 (2:51) -- Stock Market Reort à la Satie (2:01)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries