- Prince Igor / Alexander Borodin.
- Borodin, Aleksandr Porfirʹevich, 1833-1887
- [New York, New York] : [Metropolitan Opera], 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Moving image||Use in library||MUSDVD2000||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 2 videodiscs (3 hr., 22 min., 5 sec.) : sound, color; 4 3/4 in.
- Dmitri Tcherniakov's acclaimed new production of Borodin's Russian epic--the opera's first Met staging in nearly a century--stars Ildar Abdrazakov in the title role of the tormented prince who leads his army against the Polovtsians. The stellar all-Russian-language cast also includes Oksana Dyka as his wife, Yaroslavna, Anita Rachvelishvili as Konchakova, Sergey Semishkur as Igor's son, Vladimir, Mikhail Petrenko as Prince Galitzky, and Štefan Kocán as Khan Konchak. Gianandrea Noseda conducts the Met's vast musical forces in this colorful score, which includes the celebrated Polovtsian Dances.
- Uniform Title
- Kni︠a︡zʹ Igorʹ
- Alternative Title
- Kni︠a︡zʹ Igorʹ
- Credits (note)
- Director, Dmitri Tcherniakov.
- System Details (note)
- DVD, wide screen, region 0, NTSC, 16:9, PCM stereo, high definition.
- Language (note)
- Sung in Russian; English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish subtitles.
- Source of Description (note)
- Description based on vendor-supplied metadata.
- Opening credits -- Introduction by Eric Owens -- Prologue. Overture ; Prince Igor & Chorus ; Prologue -- Yeroshka & Skula -- Quartet -- Scene and chorus -- Song of Polovtsian maidens -- Dance of Polovtsian maidens -- Cavatina of Konchakovna -- Chorus of Polovtsian guards -- Recitative and cavatina of Vladimir Igorevich -- Duet of Konchakovna and Vladimir Igorevich -- Konchakovna and Vladimir Igorevich -- Aria of Prince Igor -- Scene of Prince Igor with Ovlur -- Aria of Konchak -- Scene of Konchak and Prince Igor -- Polovtsian dances -- Introduction to Act II by Eric Owens -- Arioso of Yaroslavna -- Scene of Yarolslavna with maidens -- Scene of Yarolslavna with Vladimir Galitsky -- Skula, Yeroshka, Chorus -- Recitative and Galitsky's song -- Recitative of Vladimir Galitsky -- Scene with Maidens -- Scene -- Scene and song in honor of Prince Galitsky -- Chorus; Skula, Yeroshka, Chorus -- Scene of Yaroslavna and Boyars -- Scene of Galitsky's revolt -- Finale -- Introduction to Act III by Eric Owens -- Lament of Yaroslavna -- Peasants' chorus -- Trio: Konchakovna, Vladimir Igorevich, Prince Igor -- Gudok Player's song/Scene and Chorus -- Recitative of Yaroslavna/Duet Yaroslavna and Prince Igor -- Monologue of Prince Igor -- Chorus finale -- Flood -- Bows and closing credits -- Backstage at the Met with host Eric Owens. Interview with Ildar Abdrazakov ; Peter Gelb, Dmitri Tcherniakov, Gianandrea Noseda and Met translator Lidiya Yankovskaya discuss Prince Igor ; Interview with Oksana Dyka, Mikhail Petrenko and Met translator Lidiya Yankovskaya ; Interview with Anita Rachvelishvili ; Interview with Met chorus master Donald Palumbo.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries