Morton Gould : an American salute.
- Morton Gould : an American salute.
- Gould, Morton, 1913-1996
- Washington, D.C. : United States Marine Band, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD25263||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 audio disc : digital, CD audio; 4 3/4 in.
- Uniform Title
- Instrumental music. Selections
- Yankee Doodle (Song); arranged.
- Alternative Title
- Instrumental music.
- American salute
- Title from disc label.
- The 1st and 8th works originally for orchestra.
- "This recording is being distributed gratis to public libraries, educational institutions, and radio stations throughout the world and to Marine Corps field commands"--Accompanying letter.
- Program notes, including history of the ensemble and list of personnel (28 pages : portraits, illustrations) inserted in container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded May 7-11, 2012 at the Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center, Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria Campus.
- American salute / transcribed by Philip Lang (4:31) -- Jericho rhapsody (12:10) -- March of the leathernecks / transcribed by Philip Lang (2:23) -- Yankee Doodle / setting by Morton Gould ; transcribed by Philip Lang (2:34) -- Ballad for band (8:24) -- Dixie / attributed to Daniel Decatur Emmett; setting by Morton Gould (2:55) -- Santa Fe saga (10:03) -- Saratoga quickstep (3:30) -- Symphony for band : West Point. Epitaphs ; Marches (19:59).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries