Hooray for Hollywood : various original soundtrack recordings.
- Hooray for Hollywood : various original soundtrack recordings.
- Los Angeles : United Artists, , ℗1975.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||SNK18822||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Goodman, Benny, 1909-1986
- Davis, Johnnie, 1910-1983
- Langford, Frances
- Powell, Dick, 1904-1963
- Daniels, Bebe, 1901-1971
- Shaw, Winifred, 1899-1982
- Canova, Judy, 1913-1983
- Blondell, Joan
- Dixon, Lee, -1953
- Marquis, Rosalind
- Keeler, Ruby
- Nordstrum, Clarence
- Merkel, Una, 1903-1986
- Rogers, Ginger, 1911-1995
- Berkeley, Busby, 1895-1976.
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono; 12 in.
- "Musical numbers created and directed by Busby Berkeley."
- Songs and dialogue from Hollywood Hotel, Gold diggers of 1935, 42nd Street, In Caliente, Gold diggers of 1937, Wonder Bar, Fashions of 1934, And she learned about Dames, and Dames.
- Program notes on slipcase; additional notes ( p. ill.) inserted; also includes 2 film scenes on innerliner.
- Introduction by the Busby Berkeley Girls ; main title music, including Blue moon, and I\u0027m like a fish out of water, into Hooray for Hollywood (Benny Goodman and his orchestra; vocals by Johnnie "Scat" Davis and Frances Langford) (from Hollywood Hotel) -- Dialogue (Gloria Stuart, Dick Powell, and Alice Brady) ; background theme: I\u0027m going shopping with you ; The words are in my heart (Dick Powell) ; dialogue (Alice Brady and Hugh Hubert) (from Gold Diggers of 1935) -- Dialogue (Bebe Daniels and George Brent) ; You\u0027re getting to be a habit with me now (Bebe Daniels) ; incorporating dialogue featuring Allen Jenkins (from 42nd Street) -- Dialogue (Edward Everett Horton) ; introduction ; The lady in red (Winifred Shaw and Judy Canova) (from In Caliente) -- Dialogue (Victor Moore, Dick Powell, and Lee Dixon) ; All\u0027s fair in love and war (Dick Powell, Joan Blondell, Lee Dixon, and Rosalind Marquis) (from Gold diggers of 1937).
- Dialogue extract (Warner Baxter, George E. Stone, Ruby Keeler, and Bebe Daniels) ; background themes include Young and healthy ; Shuffle off to Buffalo (Ruby Keeler, Clara Nordstrum, Una Merkel, and Ginger Rogers) ; dialogue (Warner Baxter) (from 42nd Street) -- Don\u0027t say goodnight (Dick Powell) (from Wonder Bar) -- Dialogue (Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler) ; Young and healthy (Dick Powell) (from 42nd Street) -- Dialogue (Veree Teasdale and William Powell) ; Spin a little web of dreams (Veree Teasdale and William Powell) ; dialogue (Frank McHugh) (from Fashions of 1934) -- Dialogue: Lyle Talbot introduces Martha Merrill to Busby Berkeley ; background music ; Dames (from And she learned about dames) -- Dames (Dick Powell) (from Dames).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries