- 262 pages; 22 cm
- Uniform Title
- 634 maneras de matar a Fidel. English
- Alternative Title
- 634 maneras de matar a Fidel.
- Six hundred thirty four ways to kill Fidel
- "Published in Spanish by Ocean Sur as 634 Maneras de matar a Fidel, ISBN 978-1-92575-634-0 (paper); ISBN 978-1-64421-124-3 (e-book)"
- "This is a new, updated edition of a previously published book Executive Action: 634 Ways to Kill Fidel Castro (Ocean Press, 2006) that documented the plans to assassinate Fidel Castro through 1993. This new edition now covers some of the main homicidalplots to kill the Cuban leader through 2000."--Preface.
- With the Tigers -- A Tough Guy in Havana -- La Cosa Nostra -- The Sacred Monsters -- Alternatives to the Crisis -- Operation Liborio: "Cuba in Flames" -- Task Force W: "A Chocolate Milkshake" -- .375 Magnum -- An "Autonomous Operation" and Old Friends --AM/LASH and Rolando Cubela -- The Condor in Chile -- New York and Miami: Alpha 66 -- The Saturnino Beltraan Commando Unit -- Twilight of an Obsession.
Escalante Font, Fabiaan, 1940- author.
634 ways to kill Fidel / Fabiaan Escalante.
New York : Seven Stories Press, 
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
"Fabiaan Escalante, the founder of the Cuban intelligence services, and head of the Cuban State Security Department, provides a clear-eyed first-person account of his experiences defending Fidel Castro from the extraordinary attempts to take his life. From lethal poisons to plastic explosives to bazookas, Escalante introduces and describes an array of assassination plots and historical figures and depicts the ensuing cat-and-mouse game in the midst of the Cold War. Written in the style of a political thriller yet based on real events, 634 Ways to Kill Fidel Castro is a well-researched and documented series of vignettes put together by multiple investigations in Cuba and the experiences of the author, who participated in several of them; dozens of interviews with participants; extensive documentary evidence; and the collaboration of officials, and undercover agents who dismantled these plots. Filled with harrowing stories of deceitful FBI tactics such as moles who infiltrated the revolutionary Cuban government and gained a reputation with them with the ultimate goal of bombing their military bases. As well as undercover attempts to give Fidel poison laced cigars, Escalante takes the reader from DC to New York, Miami to Havana and uncovers the intricate conspiracy to silence dissent and kill Fidel Castro. 634 Ways to Kill Fidel Castro is filled to the brim with historical details on the CIA, Cuba, the communist movement, US government officials, and Fidel himself. Escalante's first-hand account provides evidence of the lengths to which the CIA went through to assassinate Fidel Castro and the determined efforts to protect him and what he stood for"-- Provided by publisher.
- Added Title
Six hundred thirty four ways to kill Fidel
- Translation Of:
Escalante Font, Fabiaan, 1940- 634 maneras de matar a Fidel. Primera ediciaon. New York : Ocean sur ; Seven Stories Press, 2021. 9781925756340 (DLC) 2021045471
- Other Editions:
Escalante Font, Fabiaan, 1940- Executive action. Melbourne ; New York : Ocean Press, 2006. 9781920888725 (DLC) 2006934546