- 1 online resource (xxiii, 243 pages) : illustrations.
- "This story, set on an Indian reservation just after World War II, concerns the return home of a war-weary Laguna Pueblo young man. Tayo, a young Native American, has been a prisoner of the Japanese during World War II, and the horrors of captivity have almost eroded his will to survive. His return to the Laguna Pueblo reservation only increases his feeling of estrangement and alienation. While other returning soldiers find easy refuge in alcohol and senseless violence, Tayo searches for another kind of comfort and resolution. Tayo's quest leads him back to the Indian past and its traditions, to beliefs about witchcraft and evil, and to the ancient stories of his people. The search itself becomes a ritual, a curative ceremny that defeats the most virulent of afflictions-despair. "Demanding but confident and beautifully written" (Boston Globe), this is the story of a young Native American returning to his reservation after surviving the horrors of captivity as a prisoner of the Japanese during World War II. Drawn to his Indian past and its traditions, his search for comfort and resolution becomes a ritual--a curative ceremony that defeats his despair."--
- Series Statement
- Penguin classics deluxe edition
- Uniform Title
- Penguin classics deluxe edition.
- Historical fiction.
- Western stories.
- Reproduction (note)
- Source of Description (note)
- Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on January 31, 2022).
Silko, Leslie Marmon, 1948- author.
Ceremony / Leslie Marmon Silko ; introduction by Larry McMurtry ; with a new preface by the author.
[New York] : Penguin Books, 2006.
- Copyright Date
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Penguin classics deluxe edition
Penguin classics deluxe edition.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on January 31, 2022).
Electronic reproduction. New York : Penguin Classics, 2006. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 519 KB) or Kobo app or compatible Kobo device (file size: N/A KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB).
- Connect to:
- Chronological Term
- Other Form:
Print version: Silko, Leslie, 1948- Ceremony. New York : Penguin Books, ©2006 9780143104919 (DLC) 2006050705 (OCoLC)71189925
- Branch Call Number