- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource : illustrations.
- "Tracing the development of the field of southern women's history over the past half century, this book shows how pioneering feminists laid the foundation for a strong community of sister scholars and delves into the work of an organization central to this movement, the Southern Association for Women Historians"--
- Series Statement
- Frontiers of the American South
- Uniform Title
- Sisterly networks (Online)
- Frontiers of the American South.
- Electronic books.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Source of Description (note)
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (Site, viewed 10/30/2023).
- Introduction / Catherine Clinton -- Barbarians at the Doorbell: Tales from the Archives / Catherine Clinton -- Testing Our Mettle: Women's and Gender History in the Battle over the Civil War / Michele Gillespie -- A Place Where Women Can Feel Valued or Why Academic Professional Associations Matter, Especially for Women / Melissa Walker -- "Can the Sistas Get Some History Too?": Transformations in Southern Black Women's History / Cherisse Jones-Branch -- Present at the Birth of a New History: A Southern Midwives' Tale / Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore
Sisterly networks [electronic resource] : fifty years of Southern women's histories / edited by Catherine Clinton ; foreword by William A. Link.
Gainesville : University Press of Florida, 
Frontiers of the American South
Frontiers of the American South.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (Site, viewed 10/30/2023).
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Clinton, Catherine, 1952-
Link, William A.
- Other Form:
Print version: Sisterly networks Gainesville : University Press of Florida,  9780813066615 (DLC) 2020017094