- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (viii, 146 pages) : illustrations.
- Series Statement
- Frontiers of the American South
- Uniform Title
- Sisterly networks (Online)
- Frontiers of the American South.
- Electronic books.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Introduction / Catherine Clinton -- Barbarians at the Doorbell: Tales from the Archives / Catherine Clinton -- Testing Our Mettle: Women's and Gender History in the Battle over the Civil War / Michele Gillespie -- A Place Where Women Can Feel Valued or Why Academic Professional Associations Matter, Especially for Women / Melissa Walker -- "Can the Sistas Get Some History Too?": Transformations in Southern Black Women's History / Cherisse Jones-Branch -- Present at the Birth of a New History: A Southern Midwives' Tale / Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore
Sisterly networks [electronic resource] : fifty years of Southern women's histories / edited by Catherine Clinton ; foreword by William A. Link.
Gainesville : University Press of Florida, 2020.
Frontiers of the American South
Frontiers of the American South.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
"Tracing the development of the field of southern women's history over the past half century, this book shows how pioneering feminists laid the foundation for a strong community of sister scholars and delves into the work of an organization central to this movement, the Southern Association for Women Historians"-- Provided by publisher.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Clinton, Catherine, 1952-
Link, William A.