- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (507 pages) : color illustrations
- "Uneaten meals, food preparation scraps, items expired or spoiled--it all adds up. Chef Michael Love believes that wasted food has a place in the kitchen. He believes that wasted food can be salvaged, transformed in innovative ways into delicious gourmet meals that will both reduce waste and save families money. The Salvage Chef Cookbook is an accessible, comprehensive guide to repurposing food destined for the trash bin that will be sure to wow struggling families and professional chefs alike. This book is far more than a series of scrumptious recipes; it begins by setting the groundwork for the problem of food waste, and then teaches readers about the most efficient cooking tools for food repurposing and how to both increase food shelf life and determine when food is truly spoiled. The 125-plus recipes are interposed with culinary wisdom accumulated from Love's years of experience and are designed to highlight salvaged items in surprising and delectable ways. The question, "To salvage, or not to salvage?" is tackled throughout, and the cookbook concludes with the innovative Salvage Index, a conclusive list of leftover items used in the book's recipes designed to help readers decide what meal they can prepare from the ingredients they have. The Salvage Chef Cookbook is a culinary must-have featuring old favorites reimagined through salvaged food to create dishes both familiar and exciting"--
- How much food do you throw away every day?The Salvage Chef Cookbook is far more than a book of 125 scrumptious recipes; it begins by demonstrating to readers how to both increase food shelf life and determine when food is truly spoiled. What then follows is a collection of easy recipes for cooks of all levels. Families throw away perfectly edible yet overlooked food every day, as they often aren't savvy enough in the kitchen to stretch their hard-earned dollars and salvage the food they have in their refrigerators and pantries. How much time do you spend staring at last week's groceries, wonderi.
- Reproduction (note)
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Table of Contents; Foreword by Robert Irvine; Preface; Introduction; Chapter 1: Tools of the Trade; Chapter 2: Stock Up on the Basics; Chapter 3: Don't Throw It Away; Chapter 4: Rubs, Marinades, and Sauces; Chapter 5: Reasons To Rise: Dishes for Breakfast and Lunch; Chapter 6: Small Plates: Hors d'oeuvres and Appetizers; Chapter 7: The Bountiful Bowl: Mmm ... mmm ... Soup!; Chapter 8: Between the Bread: Sandwichery at its Finest; Chapter 9: Versatile and Vegetarian: Entrées for the Veggie Crowd; Chapter 10: From Sea to Shining Sea: Fish and Seafood Entrées.
- Chapter 11: From the Land: Poultry and Meat EntréesChapter 12: Butta La Pasta: Pasta Entrées; Chapter 13: On the Side: Salads and Vegetable Side Dishes; Chapter 14: Grand Finales: Desserts from Light to Luscious; Chapter 15: Thanks for Everything: Holiday-Ever-After Dishes; Chapter 16: Cheers: Cocktails Worth "Salvaging" For; About Epicure Gourmet Market & Café; Acknowledgments; Salvage Index; Conversion Charts.
Love, Michael, 1962- author.
The salvage chef cookbook : more than 125 recipes, tips, and secrets to transform what you have in your kitchen into delicious dishes for the ones you love / Michael Love ; foreword by Robert Irvine ; photos by Lynn Parks.
New York, NY : Skyhorse Publishing, 
- Copyright Date
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Electronic reproduction. New York : Skyhorse, 2019. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 40466 KB) or Kobo app or compatible Kobo device (file size: N/A KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB).
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Irvine, Robert, author of foreword.
Parks, Lynn, photographer.
- Other Form:
Print version: Love, Michael. Salvage Chef Cookbook : More Than 125 Recipes, Tips, and Secrets to Transform What You Have in Your Kitchen into Delicious Dishes for the Ones You Love. New York : Skyhorse Publishing, ©2014 9781629145815
- Branch Call Number