- Additional Authors
- Shelton, Lucy.
- Fisk, Eliot.
- Jolley, David.
- Mills, Erie.
- Watson, Nathaniel.
- Aler, John.
- Pancella, Phyllis.
- Schwarz, Gerard, 1947-
- Winther, Rodney.
- Adolphe, Bruce.
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra. prf
- University of Cincinnati. College-Conservatory of Music. Wind Symphony. prf
- Milken Archive of American Jewish Music.
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Series Statement
- American classics.
- Uniform Title
- Vocal music. Selections
- American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
- Alternative Title
- Vocal music.
- Mikhoels the wise.
- Out of the whirlwind.
- The 1st work a song cycle for soprano, guitar, and French horn; the 2nd work an opera excerpt; the 3rd work is a duet for mezzo-soprano and tenor, with acc. of wind ensemble, piano, harp, and bass, based on Yiddish songs by Holocaust victims.
- Event (note)
- Recorded Jan. 2001 at the Lefrak Concert Hall/Colden Center for the Arts, Flushing, N.Y. (first work), May 2000 at Batsyr University Chapel, Seattle, Wash. (second work), and Jan. 2000 at Werner Recital Hall, University of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Language (note)
- Sung in Ladino (1st work), English (2nd work), and Yiddish (3rd work).
- Source of Description (note)
- Description based on hard copy version record.
- Ladino songs of love and suffering. Introduction ; Noches, noches ; Avrix mi galanica ; El mi querido ; Camini por altas torres ; La rosa enflorece ; Alta, alta, va la luna -- Mikhoels the wise : (Excerpt). Act I, scene 4. A train station in Birobidzhan at midnight -- Out of the whirlwind. Es brent ; Mayn mama hot gevolt zayn af mayn khasene ; Treblinka ; Rivkele, di shabesdike ; Shtil di nakht ; Ani ma'amin.
Ladino songs of love and suffering [electronic resource] ; Mikhoels the wise (excerpt) ; Out of the whirlwind / Bruce Adolphe.
[S.l.] : Naxos, p2004.
American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
In the first work: Lucy Shelton vocals ; Eliot Fisk, guitar ; David Jolley, French horn. In the second work: Erie Mills, soprano ; Nathaniel Watson, baritone ; Seattle Symphony, Gerard Schwarz, conductor. In the third work: John Aler, tenor ; Phyllis Pancella, mezzo-soprano ; College-Conservatory of Music Wind Symphony, Rodney Winther, cond.
Recorded Jan. 2001 at the Lefrak Concert Hall/Colden Center for the Arts, Flushing, N.Y. (first work), May 2000 at Batsyr University Chapel, Seattle, Wash. (second work), and Jan. 2000 at Werner Recital Hall, University of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Sung in Ladino (1st work), English (2nd work), and Yiddish (3rd work).
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Shelton, Lucy. Performer
Fisk, Eliot. Performer
Jolley, David. Performer
Mills, Erie. Performer
Watson, Nathaniel. Performer
Aler, John. Performer
Pancella, Phyllis. Performer
Schwarz, Gerard, 1947- Conductor
Winther, Rodney. Conductor
Adolphe, Bruce. Ladino songs of love and suffering.
Adolphe, Bruce. Mikhoels the Wise. Act 1. Scene 4.
Adolphe, Bruce. Out of the whirlwind.
Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Performer
University of Cincinnati. College-Conservatory of Music. Wind Symphony. Performer
Milken Archive of American Jewish Music.
- Added Title
Mikhoels the wise.
Out of the whirlwind.
- Other Form:
Source record: Adolphe, Bruce. Vocal music. Selections. Ladino songs of love and suffering. [S.l.] : Naxos, p2004 (OCoLC)69677723
- Other Standard Identifier
- Publisher No.
- Branch Call Number