- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Marin Alsop conducts the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra in performing Philip Glass' Heroes Symphony. Alsop's command of the orchestra makes the album well worth the listen.
- Series Statement
- American classics
- Uniform Title
- Symphonies, no. 4
- American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
- Alternative Title
- Symphonic poems.
- Orchestra music; the 1st work (The light) is a tone poem; the 2nd work based on the album Heroes by David Bowie and Brian Eno.
- The order of works is reversed on disc.
- Eds. recorded: Dunvagen Music Publishers.
- Event (note)
- Recorded in the Concert Hall, Lighthouse, Poole, England, May 16-17, 2006.
- Source of Description (note)
- Description based on hard copy version record.
- The light (23:43) -- Heroes symphony. Heroes (7:24) ; Abdulmajid (9:19) ; Sense of doubt (7:57) ; Sons of the silent age (7:36) ; Neuköln (6:48) ; V2 Schneider (7:22).
Heroes symphony [electronic resource] ; The light / Philip Glass.
[Hong Kong] : Naxos, p2007.
- Playing Time
American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra ; Marin Alsop, conductor.
Recorded in the Concert Hall, Lighthouse, Poole, England, May 16-17, 2006.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Bowie, David. Heroes.
Glass, Philip. Light.
Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
- Added Title
- Other Form:
Source record: Glass, Philip. Symphonies, no. 4. Heroes symphony. [Hong Kong] : Naxos, p2007 (DLC) 2009545278 (OCoLC)84032342
- Other Standard Identifier
- Publisher No.
- Branch Call Number