- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource
- Mark Lane has tried the only case in the history of the United States in which jurors concluded that the CIA killed President Kennedy. While that evidence is clear, there were still pieces missing from the puzzle. How did the CIA control forces of the law on the ground in Dealey Plaza? How did they also control the Dallas Police Department, the Dallas Sheriff's Department, and the United States Secret Service? How did federal authorities prevent the House Select Committee on Assassinations from discovering the truth about the complicity of the CIA? What was the attitude of the United States Secret Service that day in Dallas? With exclusive new interviews, sworn statements, and meticulous new research (including interviews with Oliver Stone, Dallas Police deputy sheriffs, Robert Y. Tanenbaum, and Abraham Bolden), Lane finds out firsthand exactly what went on the day JFK was assassinated. Lane has documented proof that the CIA, operating through a secret small group within the organization (run by the man also in charge of attempting to kill Fidel Castro), was the group that prepared all credentials for Secret Service agents in Dallas for the two days that President Kennedy was going to be there. Lane's work offered the definitive proof of the CIA's involvement in the assassination of JFK.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Cover; Half Title; Dedication; Title; Copyright; Dedication1; Contents; Introduction; Half Title1; The Journey Begins; The Investigators; Assassination Nomenclature; The Witnesses; Silent Voices; Implausible Denial; The Real Firing Line: The Brothers Novo and the Brothers Buckley; BOOK ONE: THE ASSASSINATION; The KGB and Jim Garrison by Oliver Stone; Contacts with Totalitarian Structures; A Bodyguard of Lies; The Government and the Media Respond; The CIA and the Media; Vincent Bugliosi and Rewriting History; BOOK TWO: THE MEDIA RESPONSE; Abraham Bolden.
- The Actions of the Secret Service Agents in the Presidential LimousineThe Secret Service Agents in the Vice President's Car; Actions of Secret Service Agents in the Follow-Up Car; The Secret Service Speaks After Forty-Seven Years of Silence; The Assassin Is Confronted; BOOK THREE: THE SECRET SERVICE; The Scenario Begins; The Legend Is Established: The CIA's Mexico City Caper; A Trip to Washington; BOOK FOUR: MEXICO CITY; Introduction; Harry Truman Writes: Limit CIA Role to Intelligence; The CIA Today; The Indictment; MKULTRA: The CIA's Dark Secrets; Locating the Assassins; The Fourth Branch.
- PostscriptBOOK FIVE: THE INDICTMENT; A Letter to the President; Appendix: The George De Mohrenschildt Story; Acknowledgments.
Lane, Mark, 1927-2016.
Last word : my indictment of the CIA in the murder of JFK / Mark Lane ; introduction by Robert K. Tanenbaum ; with a chapter by Oliver Stone.
New York : Skyhorse Publishing, ©2011.
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of description
Print version record.
- Connect to:
- Chronological Term
- Added Author
- Other Form:
Print version: Lane, Mark, 1927- Last word. New York : Skyhorse Publishing, ©2011 9781616084288 (OCoLC)711051907
- Branch Call Number