- Additional Authors
- 97 pages : illustrations (some color); 22 cm
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- Alternative Title
- Cornelia Parker and photography
- Exhibition catalogs.
- "Published on the occasion of the Hayward Gallery Touring exhibition 'Cornelia Parker: One day this glass will break'"--Colophon.
- A selection of prints from One Day This Glass Will Break, Fox Talbot's Articles of Glass, and Thirty Pieces of Silver (Exposed)--Page 6.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Call Number
- JQD 19-193
Parker, Cornelia, 1956- author, artist.
Silver and glass : Cornelia Parker and photography / with contributions from David Campany, Cornelia Parker and Antonia Shaw.
London, UK : Hayward Gallery Publishing, 2018.
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Includes bibliographical references.
Silver and Glass is the first publication to explore the influence of photography in the art of popular British artist Cornelia Parker. This book is illustrated with over 50 works from across Parker's career: from photo-micrographs exposing in minute detail the possessions of iconic figures such as Einstein and Freud, through witty polaroids and phone photographs, to large-scale sculptures that play with light and shadow, positive and negative space. Connections between these works are explored by Parker and celebrated historian of photography David Campany in an insightful interview. Also included are prints inspired by nineteenth-century photographic pioneer William Henry Fox Talbot, created when Parker combined two of his early techniques - solar prints and the photogravure - to create a new hybrid form by exposing translucent three-dimensional objects to ultraviolet light.
- Added Author
Campany, David, contributor.
Shaw, Antonia contributor.
Hayward Gallery, host institution.
- Added Title
Cornelia Parker and photography
- Research Call Number