- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (xxi, 249 pages) : color illustrations.
- Dr. Michael Greger's first book, "How Not to Die," presented the scientific evidence behind the only diet that can prevent and reverse many of the causes of premature death and disability. Now, Dr. Greger puts that science into action with this cookbook. From Superfood Breakfast Bites to Spaghetti Squash Puttanesca to Two-Berry Pie with Pecan-Sunflower Crust, every recipe offers a delectable, easy-to-prepare, plant-based dish to help anyone eat their way to better health.
- Black bean burgers, spinach and mushroom burritos-- a plant based diet can replace your current menu and make you healthier. By focusing on fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains, you can add years to your life. Greger offers a delectable, easy-to-prepare, plant-based dish to help anyone eat their way to better health. Rooted in the latest nutrition science, these recipes are destined to become an essential tool in healthy kitchens everywhere.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 230-235) and index.
- Introduction -- The daily dozen -- Simple preparations -- Breakfast -- Snacks, dips, and spreads -- Soups and chilies -- Salads and dressings -- Burgers, wraps, and more -- Very veggie mains -- Bean cuisine -- Great grains -- Sides -- Sweets -- Sips -- Sample menus for 14 days -- Kitchen techniques -- Shopping and stocking the pantry.
Greger, Michael, author.
The how not to die cookbook : 100+ recipes to help prevent and reverse disease / Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM with Gene Stone ; recipes by Robin Robertson.
New York : Flatiron Books, 2017.
- Copyright Date
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Includes bibliographical references (pages 230-235) and index.
- Source of description
Print version record.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Stone, Gene, 1951- author.
- Other Form:
Print version: Greger, Michael. How not to die cookbook. First edition. New York : Flatiron Books, 2017 9781250127761 (DLC) 2017032267 (OCoLC)967855191
- Branch Call Number