- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (296 p.) : ill.
- Series Statement
- Hagley perspectives on business and culture
- Uniform Title
- Food chains (Online)
- Hagley perspectives on business and culture.
- Alternative Title
- From farmyard to shopping cart
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -294).
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Making food chains : the book / Roger Horowitz -- How much depends on dinner? / Warren Belasco -- Analyzing commodity chains : linkages or restraints? / Shane Hamilton -- Lard to lean : making the meat-type hog in post-World War II America / J. L. Anderson -- The chicken, the factory farm, and the supermarket : the emergence of the modern poultry industry in Britain / Andrew C. Godley, Bridget Williams -- Trading quality, producing value : crabmeat, HACCP, and global seafood trade / Kelly Feltault -- Anchovy sauce and pickled tripe : exporting civilized food in the colonial Atlantic world / Richard R. Wilk -- What's left at the bottom of the glass : the quest for purity and the development of the American natural ice industry / Jonathan Rees -- Provisioning man's best friend : the early years of the American pet food industry, 1870-1942 / Katherine C. Grier -- Empire of ice cream : how life became sweeter in the postwar Soviet Union / Jenny Leigh Smith -- Eating Mexican in a global age : the politics and production of ethnic food / Jeffrey M. Pilcher -- The aristocracy of the market basket : self-service food shopping in the new South / Lisa C. Tolbert -- Making markets Marxist? : the East European grocery store from rationing to rationality to rationalizations / Patrick Hyder Patterson -- Tools and spaces : food and cooking in working-class neighborhoods, 1880-1930 / Katherine Leonard Turner -- Wheeling one's groceries around the store : the invention of the shopping cart, 1936-1953 / Catherine Grandclément.
Food chains [electronic resource] : from farmyard to shopping cart / edited by Warren Belasco and Roger Horowitz.
Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, c2009.
Hagley perspectives on business and culture
Hagley perspectives on business and culture.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -294).
Access restricted to authorized users.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Belasco, Warren James.