- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (1 online resource (viii, 246 p.) :) : digital file.
- Uniform Title
- Brothers to the Buffalo Soldiers (Online)
- Book collections on Project MUSE.
- Electronic books.
- Issued as part of book collections on Project MUSE.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Source of Description (note)
- Description based on print version record.
- Acknowledgments -- Introduction: Black Citizen-Soldiers, 1865-1917 / Bruce A. Glasrud -- I. Black Participation in the Militia -- The African American Militia during Radical Reconstruction / Otis A. Singletary -- "They Are as Proud of Their Uniform as Any Who Serve Virginia" : African American Participation in the Virginia Volunteers, 1872-1899 / Roger D. Cunningham -- The Black Militia of the New South: Texas as a Case Study / Alwyn Barr -- A Place in the Parade: Citizenship, Manhood, and African American Men in the Illinois National Guard, 1870-1917 / Eleanor L. Hannah -- The Last March: The Demise of the Black Militia in Alabama / Beth Taylor Muskat -- II. Black Volunteer Units in the War with Spain -- The Black Volunteers in the Spanish-American War / Marvin E. Fletcher -- North Carolina's African American Regiment and the Spanish-American War / Willard B. Gatewood, Jr. -- No Officers, No Fight! The Sixth Virginia Volunteers in the Spanish-American War / Ann Field Alexander -- Black Kansans and the Spanish-American War / Willard B. Gatewood, Jr. -- "A Lot of Fine, Sturdy Black Warriors" : Texas's African American "Immunes" in the Spanish-American War / Roger D. Cunningham -- A Flag for the Tenth Immunes / Russell K. Brown -- About the Contributors -- Selected Bibliography -- Index.
Brothers to the Buffalo Soldiers [electronic resource] : Perspectives on the African American Militia and Volunteers, 1865-1917 / edited by Bruce A. Glasrud.
Columbia [Mo.] : University of Missouri Press, c2011 (Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse 2013) (Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2015)
Book collections on Project MUSE.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Glasrud, Bruce A.
- Other Form:
Print version: 0826219047 9780826219046