- Additional Authors
- Summers, Elaine, 1925-2014
- 2 streaming video files (114 min.) : sound, black and white.
- Elaine Summers discusses breathing and how it affects the body, moving body from lying down to standing and how breathing responds to this change, difference between optic balance and visual balance, falling down at a medium speed while being aware of how the floor is supporting you and then also rising at medium speed, demonstration of falling with a pitch and then slapping the floor, experience of diving, falling correctly, and ends with an extended neck rub.
- Filmed dance.
- Title from original container label.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Credits (note)
- Teacher, Elaine Summers ; students include Trisha Brown.
- Source (note)
- Reel 1 (approximately 63 min.). Class, part I (beginning) -- Reel 2 (51 min.). Class, part II & Neck rub (conclusion).
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 6161
Elaine Summers Class : I & II and Neck rub, 1972 November 10.
- Country of Producing Entity
- Type of Content
two-dimensional moving image
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Patrons can access streaming video online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Teacher, Elaine Summers ; students include Trisha Brown.
Videotaped during class at Elaine Summers dance studio, New York, N.Y., 1972 November 10.
- Original Version
Original format: 2 open reels ; 1/2 in.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Summers, Elaine, 1925-2014, teacher.
Summers, Elaine, donor.
- Research Call Number