- Additional Authors
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Gerdes, F. H.
- Duer, J. K.
- Smith, M. L. (Martin Luther), 1819-1866.
- Jenkins, T. A.
- Mathiot, G.
- Witzel, P.
- Metzeroth, G. B.
- Throop, John Peter Van Ness, 1794-approximately 1861
- Petersen, A.
- Gansevoort-Lansing Collection.
- 1 map; 62 x 78 cm, on sheet 73 x 87 cm
- Alternative Title
- Entrance to Pensacola Bay, Florida
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US054.3.05
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US054.3.06
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Prime meridians: Pensacola.
- Includes sailing directions, tide charts, light house and beacon locations, navy yard, hospital, abbreviations and notes/remarks.
- "Triangulation & topography by F.H. Gerdes, assistant; hydrography by the party under the command of J.K. Duer, U.S.N. asst."
- "Published in 1859."
- "Buoys placed by Capt. T. A. Jenkins, U.S.N., Nov. 1864."
- "Verified: M.L. Smith, Capt. Topl. Engrs., asst. in charge of office."
- "Redd. Dr.ng by P. Witzel" -- lower left margin.
- "Engd. by G.B. Metzeroth, J.V.N. Throop and A. Petersen" -- lower right margin.
- "Electrotype Copy No. 1 by G. Mathiot U.S.C.S."--top right margin.
- Indexed In (note)
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 17-592
United States Coast Survey, creator, publisher.
Preliminary chart of entrance to Pensacola Bay, Florida : from a trigonometrical survey under the direction of A.D. Bache Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States.
[Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey, 
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:30,000 (W 87°35ʹ--W 86°50ʹ/N 30°30ʹ--N 30°10ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 7, page 652, column 1, no. 6
- Local Note
NYPL Map Div. copy has 2 copies of the map; with a "Gansevoort-Lansing Collection" stamped at head of title.
NYPL Map Div. copy 1 includes manuscript notations in red ink; has accession no. stamped in lower left corner: 55538.
NYPL Map Div. copy 2 has hand colored manuscript addition showing the U.S. Navy resserver area; includes manuscript notation on verso that has bled through to map recto; with accession no. stamped in lower left corner: 55537.
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
Gerdes, F. H.
Duer, J. K.
Smith, M. L. (Martin Luther), 1819-1866.
Jenkins, T. A., surveyor.
Witzel, P., draftsman.
Metzeroth, G. B., engraver.
Throop, John Peter Van Ness, 1794-approximately 1861, engraver.
Petersen, A., engraver.
- Added Title
Entrance to Pensacola Bay, Florida
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US054.3.05
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US054.3.06
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 17-592