- Additional Authors
- 1 map; 58 x 42 cm, on sheet 63 x 48 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US054.1.05
- Includes a table of latitudes and longitudes, sailing directions and 2 inset maps.
- Insets: "Continuation of the Eastern Coast." -- "Sketch of Tortugas Island, Florida, showing the position of a shoal near the entrance of the channel / reported by Lt. H. G. Wright, U.S. engrs." (Scale 1:31,680).
- "No. 31"-- top left margin.
- "This sketch of the western coast of Florida is based on a reconnoissance & observations by F.H. Gerdes ... and a sketch by Capt. Casey, U.S.A. & on the maps of the topographical engineers ... The reconnoisance of the eastern coast of Florida ... was made by Maj. H. Prince."
- Indexed In (note)
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 17-585
United States Coast Survey, creator, publisher.
Sketch F, showing the progress of the survey in Section VI, with a general reconnoissance of the coast of Florida, 1848-54 / U.S. Coast Survey, A.D. Bache, superintendent.
[Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey, 1854.
Philad[elphia] : P.S. Duval & Co., steam lith., 1854.
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:1,200,000 (W 84°--W 80°/N 30°--N 24°).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 4, page 60, column 2, no. 7
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
P.S. Duval & Co., lithographer.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US054.1.05
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 17-585