- Additional Authors
- 1 map : color, mounted on cloth; 79 x 48 cm, on sheet 84 x 57 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US031.2.01
- Map shows U.S. Land Office, capital of state, county seats, principal railroad stations, towns and villages, boundaries of counties, rail roads completed, and rail road land grant limits.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
- At head of tittle: Department of the Interior, General Land Office, J.A. Williamson, Commissioner.
- Indexed In (note)
- Mason, Sara Elizabeth. A list of nineteenth century maps of the State of Alabama
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 17-572
United States. General Land Office, creator, issuing body.
State of Alabama / compiled from the official records of the General Land Office and other sources by C. Roeser, principal draughtsman, G.L.O.
[Washington, D.C.] : [Department of the Interior, General Land Office], 1878
16 & 18 Park Place, N.Y. : Photo lith and print. by Julius Bien, 1878
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:750,000. 12 miles to 1 inch (W 88°30ʹ--W 84°52ʹ/N 35°--N 30°15ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
Mason, Sara Elizabeth. A list of nineteenth century maps of the State of Alabama no. 165
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 1, page 121, column 1, no. 6
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Roeser, C. (Charles), compiler, draftsman.
Williamson, James Alexander, 1829-1902.
Bien, Julius, 1826-1909, lithographer.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US031.2.01
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 17-572