- Additional Authors
- Stone, William James, 1798-1865,
- Found In
- United States. Congress (26th, 2nd session : 1840-1841) Senate. Washington, Government Printing Office, ©1840
- 1 map : hand colored; 58 x 29 cm, on sheet 60 x 32 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US031.1.05
- Library's copy has hand coloring highlighting some of the boundary lines.
- "Exhibiting the situation of the Public Surveys shewing what records of the same are on file in the General Land Office and the Surveyor General's Office, the Townships, the field notes of which are yet to be transcribed for the General Land Office and recorded in this Office, also what Townships, the original field notes of which are not on file in either office, having been destroyed by fire in December 1827, and which have to be retraced for the purpose of obtaining the Original Land Marks to be preserved on record in the General Land Office and this Office."
- "S. 26 Cong. 2 Sess." at upper right corner.
- Shows Choctaw cession of 1830, Creek cession of 1832, Chickasaw cession of 1833 and Cherokee cession.
- Indexed In (note)
- Mason, Sara Elizabeth. A list of nineteenth century maps of the State of Alabama
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 17-571
Weakley, James H., creator.
A diagram of the State of Alabama. / Surveyor's Office, Florence Alabama 25th. Jan. 1840. Jas. H. Weakley, Surveyor General of the Public Lands in Alabama ; W.J. Stone, sc.
[Washington, D.C.] : [Government Printing Office], 
- Cartographic Data
Scale not given (W 88°28ʹ--W 84°53ʹ/N 35°00ʹ--N 30°08ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
Mason, Sara Elizabeth. A list of nineteenth century maps of the State of Alabama no. 41
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 1, page 120, column 2, no. 4
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Stone, William James, 1798-1865, engraver.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US031.1.05
- Found In:
United States. Congress (26th, 2nd session : 1840-1841) Senate. Washington, Government Printing Office, ©1840
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 17-571