- Additional Authors
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Bartlett, Washington A.
- Dankworth, Frederick, approximately 1804-
- Lawson, Oscar A., 1813-1854,
- McArthur, W. P. (William P.)
- McCoy, G.,
- McMurtrie, W. B. (William Birch),
- Rollé, A.,
- Smith, W.,
- 3 maps; 47 x 43 cm and 48 x 43 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US028A.2
- Reconnaissance of the western coast of the United States, from Monterey to the Columbia River in three sheets
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Shows custom house at Astoria, and track of survey.
- At head of title: U.S. Coast survey, A.D. Bache superintendent.
- Includes sailing directions and views of entrance to San Francisco Bay, Cape Mendocino, and Trinidad Head.
- Indexed In (note)
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Sheet no. 1 [south sheet, from Monterey to Cape Mendocino] -- Sheet no. 2 [middle sheet, from Cape Mendocino to Umquah River] -- Sheet no. 3 [north sheet, from Cape Arago to Columbia River].
- Call Number
- Map Div. 16-581
United States Coast Survey, creator, publisher.
Reconnoissance of the western coast of the United States, from Monterey to the Columbia River : in three sheets / by the hydrographic party under the command of W.P.McArthur, Lieut. U.S. Navy, and Asst. U.S. Coast Survey, W.A. Bartlett, Lieut. U.S. Navy Assistant ; drawn by W. B. McMurtrie ; engraved by A. Rollé, F. Dankworth, O.A. Lawson, G. McCoy & W. Smith.
[Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey Office, 1851.
- Cartographic Data
Scale approximately 1:840,000-1:990,000. (W 125°--W 122°/N 47°--N 36°).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 10, page 271, column a, no. 4
- Local Note
NYPL Map Div. copy has accession no. stamped in lower left corner of each map: 55651, 55652, 55653.
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
McArthur, W. P. (William P.)
Bartlett, Washington A.
McMurtrie, W. B. (William Birch), draftsman.
Rollé, A., engraver.
Dankworth, Frederick, approximately 1804- engraver.
Lawson, Oscar A., 1813-1854, engraver.
McCoy, G., engraver.
Smith, W., engraver.
- Added Title
Reconnaissance of the western coast of the United States, from Monterey to the Columbia River in three sheets
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US028A.2
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 16-581