- Additional Authors
- Found In
- Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- 2 streaming audio files (40:18) : digital, mono.
- In part 1, the narrator recording track of Ivan Turgenev's "The rendezvous" (Channel Three) was recorded by Michael Higgins. This television play was later aired on WCBS-TV in September 1955. In part 2, an unidentified woman (Jimmy Holder's wife?) reads the 12th chapter of Psalms. Tom Scott then reads the 18th [13th] chapter of [1st] Book of Corinthians, and talks candidly with Brother Thomas at his home. Tom Scott and his wife, Toni Scott, were very troubled (depression?) during this time. According to the recording, Jimmy Holder's wife suggested that Brother Thomas from Harlem should make a personal visit to the Scott home.
- Uniform Title
- Bible. Selections.
- Camera three (Television program)
- Alternative Title
- Tom Scott audio collection.
- Title from cataloger.
- "Bible reading & prayer with Jimmy Holder & Pastor, 11/55"--From original audiotape container (5 in.)
- "Tom Scott Collection; Bible reading & prayer with Jimmy Holder & Pastor, 11/53 ; A original 5" tape rehoused"--From original audiotape container (7 in.)
- Access (note)
- Access to original item restricted. Patrons can access streaming audio only onsite at the Library for Performing Arts Research Center.
- Source (note)
- Music Division, Tom Scott papers,
- Language (note)
- Part 1 spoken in English (originally written in Russian); part 2 spoken in English.
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of: Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- Part 1: [Excerpt] [Camera Three's "The rendezvous" : narrator recording track only (Michael Higgins, narrator)] (0:00-13:27) [ends abruptly]
- Part 2: "There must be a hereafter" (Brother Thomas) ; Commentary (Tom Scott) (0:00-0:21) -- Reading of 12th chapter of Psalms (Jimmy Holder's wife?) (0:22-1:26) -- Commentary ; Reading of 1 Corinthians, chapter  (Tom Scott) (2:35-6:26) -- Conversation with Tom Scott and Brother Thomas about isosceles triangles and other topics (6:27-21:35) -- Prayer for Scott family (Tom Scott and Brother Thomas) (21:36-24:35) -- [Trying to get Toni Scott out of her room] (24:36-26:51) [ends abruptly]
- Call Number
- *LT-7-A 4090
[Camera Three's "The rendezvous" : narrator track only] / [written by Ivan Turgenev ; adapted for television by Robert Herridge]. [Tom Scott and Brother Thomas reading selections from the Bible], 1955-11.
- Playing Time
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Digital File Characteristics
audio files WAV file
Part 1: [Michael Higgins, narrator]. Part 2: Tom Scott, Brother Thomas (?) and Mrs. Jimmy Holder (?), reading and commentary.
Recorded [WCBS-TV, New York, New York] 1955 (Part 1); Recorded Tom Scott's house, New York, New York November 1955 (Part 2)
Access to original item restricted. Patrons can access streaming audio only onsite at the Library for Performing Arts Research Center.
- Original Version
Archival original: (1 audiotape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips and 3 3/4 ips, half-track, mono, NAB ; 7 in.) in *LT-7-A 4090, rewound from 5 in. audiotape reel hub.
Part 1 spoken in English (originally written in Russian); part 2 spoken in English.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of: Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- Local Note
Preservation files: (2 audio files : digital, WAV file, 96 kHz, 24 bit), in long term storage, Digital Library Processing server [myh_lt7a4090_v01f01_em (Part 1) and myh_lt7a4090_v01f01_em (Part 2)].
Separated from; Music Division, Tom Scott papers, 1912-1970 (bulk 1942-1960); JPB 12-08.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Herridge, Robert, 1914-1981, adapter.
Scott, Tom, 1912-1961, commentator.
Scott, Tom, 1912-1961, speaker.
Higgins, Michael, 1920-2008, narrator.
Herridge, Robert, 1914-1981, producer.
Adaptation of (work): Turgenev, Ivan Sergeevich, 1818-1883. Svidanie.
Scott, Susanna, donor.
- Added Title
Container of (work): Bible. Selections.
Camera three (Television program)
Tom Scott audio collection.
- Found In:
Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- Research Call Number