- Additional Authors
- Aldama, Frederick Luis, 1969-
- 1 online resource (xi, 257 p.) : ill.
- Series Statement
- Cognitive approaches to literature and culture series
- Uniform Title
- Multicultural comics (Online)
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Foreword, or, Reading within the gutter / Derek Parker Royal -- Multicultural comics today : a brief introduction / Frederick Luis Aldama -- History, concepts, and methods. Race and comix / Leonard Rifas -- "Authentic" Latinas/os and queer characters in mainstream and alternative comics / Jonathan Risner -- Native American narratives from early art to graphic novels : how we see stories/Ezhi-g'waabamaanaanig Aadizookaanag / Margaret Noori -- Liminality and mestiza consciousness in Lynda Barry's One hundred demons / Melinda L. De Jesús -- Black nationalism, Bunraku, and beyond : articulating Black heroism through cultural fusion and comics / Rebecca Wanzo -- Birth of a nation : representation, nationhood, and graphic revolution in the works of D.W. Griffith, DJ Spooky, and Aaron McGruder et al. / James Braxton Peterson -- Lost in translation : Jessica Abel's La perdida, the Bildungsroman, and "that 'Mexican' feel" / Patrick L. Hamilton -- Same difference : graphic alterity in the work of Gene Luen Yang, Adrian Tomine, and Derek Kirk Kim / Jared Gardner -- A multicultural comic book toolbox. "It ain't John Shaft" : Marvel gets multicultural in The tomb of Dracula / Elizabeth Nixon -- Invisible art, invisible planes, invisible people / Evan Thomas -- Wondrous capers : the graphic novel in India / Suhaan Mehta -- Chronology, country, and consciousness in Wilfred Santiago's In my darkest hour / Nicholas Hetrick -- Finding archives/making archives : observations on conducting multicultural comics research / Jenny E. Robb and Rebecca Wanzo.
Multicultural comics [electronic resource] : from Zap to Blue Beetle / edited by Frederick Luis Aldama ; foreword by Derek Parker Royal.
Austin : University of Texas Press, 2010.
Cognitive approaches to literature and culture series
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Aldama, Frederick Luis, 1969-