- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (xi, 269 p.) : ill.
- Uniform Title
- Jewish feminine mystique? (Online)
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Some of us were there before Betty : Jewish women and political activism in postwar Miami / Raymond A. Mohl -- The polishness of Lucy S. Dawidowicz's postwar Jewish Cold War / Nancy Sinkoff -- Our defense against despair : the progressive politics of the national council of Jewish women after World War II / Kathleen A. Laughlin -- It's good Americanism to join Hadassah : selling Hadassah in the postwar era / Rebecca Boim Wolf -- A lady sometimes blows the shofar : women's religious equality in the postwar reconstructionist movement / Deborah Waxman -- Beyond the myths of mobility and altruism : Jewish immigrant professionals and Jewish social welfare agencies in New York City, 1948-1954 / Rebecca Kobrin -- Negotiating new terrain : Egyptian women at home in America / Audrey Nasar -- The bad girls of Jewish comedy : gender, class, assimilation, and whiteness in postwar America / Giovanna P. Del Negro -- Judy Holliday's urban working girl characters in 1950s Hollywood film / Judith Smith -- The "gentle Jewish mother" who owned a luxury resort : the public image of Jennie Grossinger, 1954-1972 / Rachel Kranson -- Reading Marjorie Morningstar in the age of the feminine mystique and after / Barbara Sicherman -- We were ready to turn the world upside down : radical feminism and Jewish women / Joyce Antler -- Jewish women remaking American feminism : women remaking American Judaism : reflections on the life of Betty Friedan / Daniel Horowitz.
A Jewish feminine mystique? [electronic resource] : Jewish women in postwar America / edited by Hasia R. Diner, Shira Kohn, and Rachel Kranson.
New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2010.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Diner, Hasia R.
Kohn, Shira M.