- Additional Authors
- Glasrud, Bruce A.
- 1 online resource (viii, 209 pages)
- Uniform Title
- Anti-Black violence in twentieth-century Texas (Online)
- Electronic books.
- All contributions (except the Afterword) have been previously published in books or as articles.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Introduction: Racism's ugly past; white Texas's twentieth century actions / Bruce A. Glasrud -- Paris is burning: lynching and racial violence in Lamar County, 1890-1920 / Brandon Jett -- An "exciting occurrence": the lynching / Patricia Bernstein -- The Houston riot of 1917 / Calvin Smith -- Violence in a heathen land: the Longview race riot of 1919 / William M. Tuttle Jr . -- A "good job" in the early hours of the morning / Monte Akers -- The Sherman courthouse riot of 1930 / Edward Hake Phillips -- Violence in an "arsenal of democracy": the Beaumont race riot, 1943 / James A. Burran -- Houston and the TSU riot / Bernard Friedberg -- Loyal Garner arrest / Howard Swindle -- The Jasper lynching / Joyce E. King -- Bust town / Nate Blakeslee -- The beating of Billy Ray Johnson / Pamela Colloff -- Afterword: Twenty-first century Texas race relations / Bruce A. Glasrud.
Anti-Black violence in twentieth-century Texas [electronic resource] / edited by Bruce A. Glasrud ; foreword by W. Marvin Dulaney.
College Station, Texas : Texas A&M University Press, 
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Glasrud, Bruce A.