- Additional Authors
- Irele, Abiola.
- 1 online resource (xxii, 282 p.)
- Uniform Title
- Cambridge companion to the African novel (Online)
- Alternative Title
- African novel
- Electronic books.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 263-271) and index.
- Access (note)
- Access restricted to authorized users.
- Introduction: perspectives on the African novel / F. Abiola Irele -- The oral-literate interface / Olakunle George -- Chinua Achebe and the African novel / Dan Izevbaye -- Protest and resistance / Barbara Harlow -- The Afrikaans novel / Christopher Warnes -- The African novel in Arabic / Shaden M. Tageldin -- The francophone novel in North Africa / Bernard Aresu -- The francophone novel in sub-Saharan Africa / Lydie Moudileno -- The African historical novel / M. Keith Booker -- Magical realism and the African novel / Ato Quayson -- The African novel and the feminine condition / Nana Wilson-Tagoe -- Autobiography and Bildungsroman in African literature / Apollo Amoko -- The postcolonial condition / Phyllis Taoua -- New voices, emerging themes / Dominic Thomas -- The critical reception of the African novel / Harry Garuba.
The Cambridge companion to the African novel [electronic resource] / edited by F. Abiola Irele.
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 263-271) and index.
Access restricted to authorized users.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
- Added Title