- Additional Authors
- Robbins, Jack (Music publisher)
- Rahl, Rodger
- Bewin, Olga
- Keogh, Dick
- Scott, Tom, 1912-1961
- Herridge, Robert, 1914-1981
- Scott, Tom, 1912-1961.
- Columbia Symphony Orchestra, performer.
- Found In
- Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- 2 streaming audio files (30:42) : digital, mono.
- Uniform Title
- Robert Herridge Theater (Television program)
- Alternative Title
- End of the beginning
- Bonjour, my darling.
- Tom Scott audio collection.
- Title from cataloger; credits from the Classic TV Archive (CTVA) webpage (Part 1) and notes (Part 2).
- "End of the beginning"--From original audiotape reel container.
- "51"--From original audiotape reel container spine.
- Includes notes (1 p.) of telephone calls (Part 2) handwritten in pencil on file.
- Access (note)
- Access to original item restricted. Patrons can access streaming audio only at the Library for Performing Arts Research Center.
- Source (note)
- Music Division, Tom Scott papers,
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of: Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- Part 1: "The Robert Herridge Theater", [episode 24]: music tracks of "The end of the beginning" (copyright date May 12, 1960) -- Part 2: Telephone calls by Tom Scott, Autumn 1958: Tom Scott and Jack Robbins talk about music, Dave Turet and chess ; Rodger Rahl (?) dictates his poem "Bonjour, my darling" to Tom Scott over the phone [ends abruptly] ; [Switch over with operator, low volume] ; Tom Scott reschedules musician Olga Bewin, who wants to get in touch with Robert Herridge ; Tom calls the payroll office [Camera Three] for Mr. Ned Kramer, converses with Dick Keogh.
- Call Number
- *LT-7-A 4080
[Robert Herridge Theater, episode  : music tracks for "The end of the beginning" / music by Tom Scott. Telephone calls, Autumn 1958 / with Tom Scott.
- Playing Time
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Part 1: Tom Scott, composer and conductor ; [Columbia Symphony Orchestra] ; Robert Herridge, producer. Part 2: Tom Scott, added commentary ; with ASCAP music publisher Jack Robbins (?) ; lyricist Rodger Rahl (?) ; musician Olga Bewin ; payroll worker Dick Keogh [Camera Three].
Recorded [CBS Studio?], New York, New York [May 1960] (music tracks for television program) (Part 1); Recorded Tom Scott's house, New York, New York Autumn 1958 (Part 2).
Access to original item restricted. Patrons can access streaming audio only at the Library for Performing Arts Research Center.
- Original Version
Archival originals: (1 audiotape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips and 3 3/4 ips, half-track, mono, NAB ; 7 in.) in *LT-7-A 4080.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of: Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- Local Note
Preservation files: (2 audio files : digital, WAV file, 96 kHz, 24 bit), in long term storage, Digital Library Processing server [myh_lt7a4080_v01f01_em (Part 1) and myh_lt7a4080_v01f02_em (Part 2)].
Separated from; Music Division, Tom Scott papers, 1912-1970 (bulk 1942-1960); JPB 12-08.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Robbins, Jack (Music publisher), commentator.
Rahl, Rodger, commentator.
Bewin, Olga, commentator.
Keogh, Dick, commentator.
Scott, Tom, 1912-1961, conductor.
Herridge, Robert, 1914-1981, producer.
Container of (work): Scott, Tom, 1912-1961. End of the beginning.
Columbia Symphony Orchestra, performer.
Scott, Susanna, donor.
- Added Title
End of the beginning
Robert Herridge Theater (Television program)
Bonjour, my darling.
Tom Scott audio collection.
- Found In:
Tom Scott audio collection, 1941-1960.
- Research Call Number