- Additional Authors
- 1 map; 43 x 32 cm, on sheet 51 x 37 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US257.1.03
- Shows soundings of lower Milwaukee River and part of Milwaukee Bay. Shows location of the proposed cut in the outer bank of the harbor. Includes the location of the burnt warehouse and the old ship yard. Shows the mouth of the Kinnikinnick River.
- Depths shown by soundings.
- Oriented with north slightly to the right.
- Includes cross section.
- "Senate Ex. Doc. No. 1. 2d Sess. 33d Cong."-- Top right margin.
- Indexed In (note)
- Congressional information service. CIS U.S. serial set index. Pt. 14, Index and carto-bibliography of maps,
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 17-5558
Gunnison, J. W. (John Williams), 1812-1853, creator.
Plan and section of the north cut at Milwaukee : no. 2 / J.W. Gunnison, U.S. agent & Eng'r for Milwaukee Harbor Imp't ; James Kearney ... March 4, 1853 ; Copy Top'l Bureau, Nov'r 17th 1854.
[Washington, D.C.] : [U.S. Senate?], 
Phila. [Pa.] : Wagner & McGuigan Lith., 
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:4,800 . 400 feet to one inch (W 87°57ʹ--W 87°51ʹ/N 43°03ʹ--N 42°59ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
Congressional information service. CIS U.S. serial set index. Pt. 14, Index and carto-bibliography of maps, entry 748 ( 33- 2) S.exdoc. 1, map 38
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 6, page 501, column 3, no. 4
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Milwaukee Harbor (Wisconsin) Maps.
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Kearney, James, -1862.
United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
Wagner & M'Guigan, lithographer.
United States. Congress (33rd, 2nd session : 1854-1855). Senate, issuing body.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US257.1.03
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 17-5558