- 1 map : color; 29 x 34 cm, on sheet 34 x 41 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US141.4.06
- Shows counties, principal cities and towns, railroads, canals, and major natural features, as well as adjacent portions of neighboring states and provinces.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Map within decorative border.
- "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1840 by H.S. Tanner in the clerks office of the eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- Includes table of distances for steam boat routes and profile of the Erie Canal.
- Indexed In (note)
- Creek, A. Maps of the Genesee Valley & Finger Lakes region, 1776-1950,
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 16-5743
Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858.
A new map of New York : with its canals, roads & distances from place to place along the stage & steam-boat routes.
[Philadelphia?] : [H.S. Tanner], 
- Cartographic Data
Scale approximately 1:2,000,000 (W 80°00ʹ--W 72°30ʹ/N 45°10ʹ--N 40°30ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
Creek, A. Maps of the Genesee Valley & Finger Lakes region, 1776-1950, p. 63
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 7, page 159, column 3, row 1
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US141.4.06
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 16-5743