- Additional Authors
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand colored; 143 x 102 cm, sheets 74 x 52 cm or smaller
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US109.1.02
- Shows railroads and the frequency and distance of delivery for each route.
- Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- "The first edition was issued in 1876."
- "The service on this diagram brought up to date of Jan. 1, 1879."
- Indexed In (note)
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 16-5454
Nicholson, W. L., cartographer.
Post route map of the state of Minnesota, with adjacent parts of Iowa, Nebraska, Dakota, Wisconsin and of the British possessions / designed and constructed under the orders of Postmaster General Marshall Jewell and Second Assistant Postmaster General James N. Tyner by W.L. Nicholson, topographer of P.O. Dept. ; drawn by W.C. Tiffany ; engraved by D. McClelland, Washn., D.C.
[Washington, D.C.?] : Post Office Department, United States of America, 
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:633,600. 10 miles to the inch (W 97°14ʹ--W 89°29ʹ/N 49°23ʹ--N 43°29ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 6, page 528, column 3, no. 1
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Jewell, Marshall, 1825-1883.
Tyner, James N. (James Noble), 1826-1904.
Tiffany, W. C., draftsman.
McClelland, D., engraver.
United States. Post Office Department, publisher.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US109.1.02
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 16-5454