- Additional Authors
- 1 map : hand colored; 138 x 81 cm, on sheet 141 x 84 cm
- Alternative Title
- Post route map of the state of Florida
- Map of the state of Florida
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US053.3.04
- Shows railroads, postal routes, counties, cities, towns, and notable physical features.
- Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- Includes explanation of services, general statistics, and distances.
- Inset: Map of the West India Islands with adjacent parts of Florida, Central and South America.
- "The first edition was issued in 1876."
- "Florida service on this diagram brought up to date of November 1st., 1878." Updated by manuscript additions.
- Call Number
- Map Div. 15-5717
United States. Post Office Department, creator, publisher.
Preliminary post route map of the state of Florida : with adjacent parts of South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama : showing also the neighboring West India Islands / designed and constructed under the orders of Postmaster General Marshall Jewell and Second Assistant Postmaster General James N. Tyner ; by W.L. Nicholson, Topographer of P.O. Dept. ; drawn by Chas. E. Gorham.
[Washington, D.C.] : [Post Office Department], 
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:1,013,760. Sixteen miles to the inch (W 88°05ʹ--W 79°40ʹ/N 33°25ʹ--N 21°05ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Local Note
NYPL Map Div. copy is divided into 2 sheets, 71 x 84 cm, or smaller.
NYPL Map Div. copy imperfect: small piece of map lacking at top center.
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Jewell, Marshall, 1825-1883.
Tyner, James N. (James Noble), 1826-1904.
Nicholson, W. L., designer.
Gorham, Chas. E., draftsman.
- Added Title
Post route map of the state of Florida
Map of the state of Florida
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US053.3.04
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 15-5717 [Filed with Florida, 1876]