- Additional Authors
- 1 map; 92 x 116 cm, on sheet 98 x 123 cm
- Alternative Title
- Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US027.3.04
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Map extends from Tallahassee, Florida, west to Mobile, Alabama, and the Gulf coast north to Montgomery, Alabama. Depicted are cities and towns, forts, three classes of roads, existing and contemplated railroads, swamps and prairies, river basins, mills, and a few points of historical interest.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Includes a list of authorities used in making the map.
- Indexed In (note)
- Library of Congress. Civil War Maps (2nd ed.),
- New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 15-5324
Callahan, Denis, creator, draftsman.
Extract from a map entitled Portions of the military departments of the Cumberland ... of the South ... and of the Gulf ... / compiled in the Bureau of Engineers, War Department, 1863 ; Denis Callahan, delt.
[Washington?] : [Bureau of Engineers, War Department], 
24 Vesey St., New York : Lith. by J. Bien.
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:350,000 (W 88°15ʹ--W 84°15ʹ/N 32°30ʹ--N 29°35ʹ).
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Indexed In:
Library of Congress. Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 37.4
New York Public Library. Dictionary catalog of the Map Division, v. 10, page 311, column b, row 1
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Added Author
Bien, Julius, 1826-1909, lithographer.
United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau, creator, publisher.
- Added Title
Mapping the Nation (NEH grant, 2015-2018). US027.3.04
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 15-5324