-  leaves : all ill.; 28 cm
- Alternative Title
- Inside look at the San Francisco punk scene
- First edition of 200 copies; later published as Punk 77, with the addition of interviews with people in the San Francisco punk scene.
- Illustrated throughout with ca. 150 photographs from 1976-1978, showing punks, as well members of the punk bands Nuns, Dils, Avengers, and Crime.
- Photocopied, with uncaptioned black-and-white images.
- “James Stark was attracted to a Bohemian life from an early age. In his teens he was listening to Jazz and Old Blues and became interested in the Beats. Upon discharge from the Army in 1966 he moved to New York City’s Lower East Side and became a part of the ‘Hippie’ scene. […] James moved back to California and settled in San Francisco. […] In 1976 he met up with some people who were starting a rock n’ roll band and needed some photographs. This began a relationship with the band Crime creating their logo, posters and continuing to take photographs of the band.”—From http://jamesstark.com/
- Access (note)
- Call Number
- Berg Coll+ Stark I57 1977
San Francisco's rock n' roll scene / by James Stark.
[San Francisco, Calif.?] : Kunstler Bundt A.G., c1978.
Early documentation of the emerging punk scene in San Francisco.
- Local Note
Berg Collection copy is no. 167, and is signed “Stark,” in pencil.
Restricted access; request permission in holding division.
- Local Note
Berg Collection has no. 167 signed in pencil by the author.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Stark, James. Signer
- Cover Title
Inside look at the San Francisco punk scene
- Research Call Number
Berg Coll+ Stark I57 1977