- Additional Authors
- Found In
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- 1 streaming audio file (25 minutes) : digital, stereo
- Uniform Title
- Walkaround time (Choreographic work : Cunningham)
- Alternative Title
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection. Audio materials.
- Live sound recordings.
- Title provided by cataloger based on handwritten notes on the original container, reel hub, and tape leader.
- Handwritten note on the original container: "Walkaround time ; special 60/50 Hz ; Ladies: 1 & 3 Bev & Carolyn ; 2 & 4 Meg & Sandy". Handwritten note on the original reel hub: "WAT 60/50". Handwritten note on the original tape leader: "David Behrman: "...for nearly an hour..." ; 1) niagara 2) cars 3) litanies 4) bev & carolyn ; QTRTRK STEREO 7.5 ips".
- Contains music for Merce Cunningham's Walkaround time (1968).
- Donor's inventory number: R075.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Event (note)
- Recorded in an unidentified location for use in performances of Walkaround time.
- Source (note)
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation,
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- [Walk to] Niagara [Falls] (0:00-10:02) -- Cars [Volkswagon engine] (10:14-12:40) -- Litanies (12:53-17:44) -- Ladies (Carolyn Brown, Beverly Emmons, Meg Harper, Sandra Neels) (17:55-24:51)
- Call Number
- *LT-7-A 2424
Behrman, David, composer.
For nearly an hour : music for Walkaround time / music by David Behrman.
- Playing Time
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Carolyn Brown, Beverly Emmons, Meg Harper, Sandra Neels, vocalists.
Recorded in an unidentified location for use in performances of Walkaround time.
- Original Version
Archival original: (1 audiotape reel (25 minutes) : analog, 6 1/4 ips, quarter track and four track, stereo ; 5 in. rewound onto an archival 7 in. reel) in *LT-7-A 2424.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Local Note
Transferred from original open tape reel by the New York Public Library's Audio and Moving Image Preservation (PAMI) sound engineering staff at the Library for the Performing Arts on August 26 and October 2, 2014.
The archival original recording was produced at a non standard speed, 16.66% faster than 7.5 ips, for the purpose of being played in locations where the playback equipment uses a 50 Hz standard in order to compensate for pitch. The deck used by NYPL in the transfer did not have variable speed control thus the 4-track section, Ladies, was transferred at 7.5 ips for the preservation master and the pitch was lowered digitally to approximate 6.25 ips in the edit master file.
Gift; Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, 2011-2012.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Brown, Carolyn, 1927- performer.
Emmons, Beverly, performer.
Harper, Meg, performer.
Neels, Sandra, performer.
Merce Cunningham Dance Company.
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, donor.
- Added Title
Music for (work) : Walkaround time (Choreographic work : Cunningham)
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection. Audio materials.
- Found In:
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Research Call Number