- Additional Authors
- 3 streaming video files (86 min.) : sound, color.
- Series Statement
- Susan Hess Modern Dance Lecture Series Video Archive
- Uniform Title
- Susan Hess Modern Dance Lecture Series Video Archive.
- Alternative Title
- Isabel #1 and #2
- Dance at the Painted Bride
- Filmed dance.
- Filmed interviews.
- Title taken from opening speech, original cassette label, and other catalog records.
- Reel 1 (62 min.) ; Reel 2, Part 1 (approximately 6 min.) ; Reel 2, Part 3 (18 min.).
- Dance films not included in this video.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video files online only onsite at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Credits (note)
- Presented by Susan Hess Modern Dance ; videotaped by Isabel.
- Source (note)
- Reel 1. Introduction (9 min.) / speaker, Sarah Stackhouse -- Annabelle Gamson (35 min.) / speaker, Annabelle Gamson -- Question & Answer session (beginning) (18 min.) / speakers, Annabewlle Gamson, Sarah Stackhouse, Roxane D'Orleans.
- Reel 2 (Part 1). Question & Answer session (conclusion) (approximately 6 min) / speakers, Annabelle Gamson, Sarah Stackhouse, Roxane D'Orleans -- (Part 2). Masters Exchange (18 min.) / Two dance solos (18 min.) / dancers, unidentified.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 1481
Six American Dance Pioneers : A Look Back, A Leap Forward: Annabelle Gamson.
- Country of Producing Entity
- Type of Content
two-dimensional moving image
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Susan Hess Modern Dance Lecture Series Video Archive
Susan Hess Modern Dance Lecture Series Video Archive.
- Original Version
Original format: 2 videocassettes (Mini DV).
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video files online only onsite at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Presented by Susan Hess Modern Dance ; videotaped by Isabel.
Videotaped during talk at Painted Bride Art Center, Philadelphia, Pa. 2001 March 25.
Reel 1. Annabelle Gamson discusses how Brahms Waltzes was central to Isadora Duncan's work; Gamson's childhood and dance career; Gamson reading reviews and some of Duncan's words about her own work; commenting on a film of Lynn Seymour performing Duncan dance along with talk of her interpretation; Gamson also performed Mary Wigman dances and Janis Brenner performed some Wigman dances at a conference after some coaching from Gamson; Brahms Waltzes being created by Duncan just before her children died and then not performing again for many years; Duncan returning to dance in a different, more posed style; Gamson creating a piece entitled, Semele, to help Roxane D'Orleans understand more about Duncan's dances; story of Semele; Question & Answer session including Gamsons dance career, how she decided to focus on Isadora Duncan; Sarah Stackhouse talks about Daniel Nagrin and his improvisational group; D'Orleans talks about her own dance career; and Gamson talks about leaving dance in 1995 to pursue painting. Reel 2 (Part 1). Question & Answer session concludes with talk of Left Wing dancing and comments on Roxane D'Orleans dancing and her dance background. Reel 2 (Part 2). Two solo run-throughs for Masters Exchange program.
Gift; Susan Hess; 2010.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Gamson, Annabelle, speaker.
Stackhouse, Sarah, speaker.
Juste, Roxane d'Orleans, speaker.
Painted Bride Art Center.
Hess, Susan, donor.
- Added Title
Isabel #1 and #2
Dance at the Painted Bride
- Research Call Number