- Additional Authors
- Found In
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- 1 streaming audio file (5 minutes) : digital, stereo
- Uniform Title
- Cross currents (Choreographic work : Cunningham)
- Alternative Title
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection. Audio materials.
- Title and date provided by cataloger based on handwritten notes on original container and reel hub. Study numbers provided by the Merce Cunningham Trust.
- Handwritten note on original container: "Total time = 7'10" ; MC Copy ; Merce Cunningham Dance Company ; "Crosscurrents" music by Conlon Nancarrow ; Tails out. Stereo. 15 ips. 1/2 track ; Dub Engineer: Marc Farre 12/8/83 ; Stereophonic ; This is TDK - LX professional tape".
- Contains music for Merce Cunningham's Cross currents (1964).
- Donor's inventory number: R022.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Source (note)
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation,
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Study [no. 19] (0:00-1:10) -- Study [no. 23] (1:22-5:17)
- Call Number
- *LT-7-A 2434
Nancarrow, Conlon, 1912-1997, composer.
Cross currents, 1983-12-08 / music by Conlon Nancarrow; [arranged by John Cage].
December 8, 1983
- Playing Time
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Recorded in an unidentified location, 1983 December 8.
- Original Version
Archival original: (1 audiotape reel (7 minutes total) : analog, 15 ips, two track, stereo ; 7 in.) in *LT-7-A 2434.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Local Note
Transferred from original open tape reel by the New York Public Library's Audio and Moving Image Preservation (PAMI) sound engineering staff at the Library for the Performing Arts on June 27, 2014. To create the streaming file, the sound engineer edited the ca. 2 minutes of leader tape in the middle of the original reel to be ca. 10 seconds for the preservation file, thus the discrepancies in length between the archival original and the streaming file.
Gift; Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, 2011-2012.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Cage, John, arranger of music.
Farre, Marc, recording engineer.
Merce Cunningham Dance Company.
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, donor.
- Added Title
Music for (work) : Cross currents (Choreographic work : Cunningham)
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection. Audio materials.
- Found In:
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Research Call Number