American popular songs, 1895-1973 reel 52.
- American popular songs, 1895-1973 [microform] : reel 52.
- [Various places] : [various publishers], ©1940-1941.
Items in the Library & Off-site
Search by Year
|Status||Container||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Available - Can be used on site. Please visit New York Public Library - Performing Arts Research Collections to submit a request in person.
|reel 52: 1940-1941||Notated music||Use in library||*ZB-2491 reel 52: 1940-1941||Performing Arts Research Collections - Music|
- 1 microfilm reel.
- Popular songs chiefly for voice and piano.
- Titles in order of apperance on microfilm.
- Some items in poor condition (partially mutilated).
- Reproduction (note)
- P.S. 1940 series 2: Adios, Americano / words and music by Sam Coslow -- Alone with my thoughts of you / by W.R. Williams -- And so do I / lyric by Eddie De Lange, music by Paul Mann & Stephan Weiss -- Any rags? / words and music by Thos. S. Allen -- At a Dixie roadside diner / lyric by Edgar Leslie, music by Joe Burke -- Aurora / English lyric by Harold Adamson, Spanish lyric by Pedro Berrios, [music] by Mario Lago and Roberto Roberti -- Bashful / words by Walter Hirsch & Ruth Lowe, music by Buck Ram -- Blue magnolias / words and music by Dick Kuhn and John Klenner -- Blue sea shells / words by Gladys Shelley, music by Irving Gellers and Otis Spencer -- Bye-lo (Soft wwinds your dream-boat will blow) / words and music by Joe Du Mond -- The chanticler waltz / words and music by Charles O'Flynn, Jack Betzner, Pete Wendling -- Chapel in the valley / by Leon René, Johnny Lange & Lew Porter -- Charlie was a sailor / lyric by Moe Jaffe, music by George Keefer, Vincent Lopez -- The cowboy isn't speaking to his horse / words and music by Arthur Swanstrom, Pinky Herman, Michael Cleary -- Dancing in the shadows = (En dansant dans l'ombre) / words and music by Gerald Griffin, Harold Moon, Bernard Maltin, French lyrics by Jacques Barri (Ludovic Huot) -- Day dreams come true at night / lyric by Ralph Freed, music by Dick Jurgens -- Devil may care / lyric by Johnny Burke, music by Harry Warren [partially mutilated] -- Did anyone call? / by Al J. Neiburg, Dave Fleischer and Boyd Bunch -- Do I worry? / by Stanley Cowan and Bobby Worth -- Don't kiss and tell / words and music by Dave Oppenheim, Henry Tobias and Jackie Beller -- Don't let forever last only a day / lyrics by John Power Spickers and Charles Wynn, music by Anthony Pelligra -- Don't say we're through / words and music by Al Semola, Tony Stornantis and Francis Xavier -- The fable of the rose / lyric by Bickley Reichner, music by Josef Myrow [partially mutilated] -- Faithful to you / words by Martin Block and Mickey Stoner, music by Harold Green -- Filipino baby / by Billy Cox and Clarke Van Ness -- Five o'clock whistle / by Josef Myrow, Kim Gannon and Gene Irwin [partially mutilated] -- For peace and freedom / words and music by Eugene LaBarre -- Half way down the street / words by Kim Gannon, music by Guy Wood -- Head on my pillow / words and music by Bissell Palmer and Pierre Norman -- Here's my heart / words by Norman Weiser, music by Louis Urban -- The hot gavotte / by James Cavanaugh, John Redmond, Frank Weldon -- I'm looking for a guy who plays alto and baritone and doubles on a clarinet andd wears a size 37 suit / words and music by Ozzie Nelson -- I'm stepping out with a memory to-night / lyric by Herb Magidson, music by Allie Wrubel -- I'm through / by Jimmie turner and Jack Lawrence -- I believed in a dream / by Vaughn De Leath, Gene Carrol & Glenn Rowell I can't love you any more (and more than I do) / lyric by Herb Magidson, music by Allie Wrubel -- I can't resist you / words by Ned Wever, music by Will Donaldson -- I heart bluebirds / words and music by Harry Woods and Charlie Tobias -- I love you much too much / words and music by Don Raye, Alex Olshey, C. Towber -- I miss you so / words and music by Jimmy Henderson, Bertha Scott -- I salute you (My American Rose) / words and music by Marten Lowell, Max Spickol and Maurie Hartmann -- If you see Margie / by Al Frazzini, Gen Carroll, Glenn Rowell -- In a litle flower shop / lyric by Jules Loman, music by Mary Schaeffer [partially mutilated] -- It all comes back to me now / by Hy Zaret, Joan Whitney & Alex Kramer -- It's syncopation time / [by] Gerald Griffin, Leo Freudberg, Bernard Maltin -- It's the same old shillelagh / by Pat White -- Just like that / by Johnny Long, Henry Miller, Walter Hirsch -- Let's all sing together / words and music by Joe Audino, Nick Di Rocco and Bill Keeshan -- Let's dream this one out / lyric by Ed F. Lanning, music by Robert Reed -- Let's pretend / lyric by Gerald Griffin & Alfred Bryan, music by Abner Silver -- Let's spend a little while together (You and I) / words and music by Joe Du Mond -- Light's out! Hold me tight / words by Bickley Reichner, music by Clay Boland -- Lily from Chile / lyrics by Evelyne Love Cooper, music by Mimi Scadron and Helen Wartels -- Long live love = (Si te vás) / music by Dino Olivieri, English lyrics by Xavier Cugat, Marty Symes, Spanish lyrics by Xavier Cugat -- Looking for yesterday / words by Eddie De Lang, music by Jimmy Van Heusen -- Love lies / by Carl Sigman, Ralph Freed, Joseph Meyer -- Lovely hula hands / words and music by r. Alex Anderson -- A lover's lullaby / by Frankie Carle, Andy Razaf, Larry Wagner -- Mary, the prairie and I / words by the Calgary kid (Allen Erwin) and Francis Xavier, music by Billy Hays and Jack Ziehler -- The mem'ry of a rose / words by Jimmy Kennedy, music by Richard Young -- A million dreams ago / by Lew Quadling, Eddy Howard, Dick Jurgens -- Mister Meadowlark / words by Johnny Mercer, music by Walter Donaldson -- The morning after / lyric by Robert Sour, music by Lee Wainer -- Music to my ears / words and music by Betty Burtt -- My greena koseena (Country cousin) / lyrics by L. Wolfe Gilbert, original version by Hyman Prizant and Abe Schwartz -- My piggy bank is jing-a-ling again / lyric by Robert Burk, music by Jerry Livingston -- My treasure / words by Buddy Feyne, music by Jappie Judd -- The name song / words and music by Irving Caesar and Gerald Marks -- Never took a lesson in my life / words & music by Jack Lawrence and Diane Foore -- No love blues / words by Eddie De Lainge, music by Arthur Gershwin -- Nothin' to do (And all day to do it in / words and music by Al Hoffman, Walter Kent and Maurice Sigler -- Old Calico / words by Gerald Griffin, music by John Klenner -- The old thirteenth (Old pals together) / by T. Reg. Sloan -- On a simmery summery day / words and music by James Cavanaugh, John Redmond and Frank Weldon -- Parking in the starlight / words and music by Irving Gordon and Al Kaufman -- On to Carolina / by Lura Love -- The pied piper (of Ham'lin town) / words by Walter Hirsch, music by Gerald Marks -- Polka dots and moonbeams / words by Johnny Burke, music by Jimmy Van Heusen -- Pretty little petticoat / lyrics by Jack Lawrence, music by Raymond Scott -- A real American / lyric by W.R. Williams, music by Frederick V. Bowers -- The sailor with the navy blue eyes / by Irving Taylor, Vic Mizzy, Al Hoffman -- Shadows in the night / words and music by Will Lorin -- Shadows of midnight blue : adaptted from Tchaikovsky's Andante cantabile from the Quartet Op. 11 / lyric by Ray Evans, music by Jay Levison -- Shadows on the sand / words by Stanley Adams, music by Wilhelm Grosz [partially mutilated] -- Shake down the stars / lyric by Eddie De Lang, music by Jimmy Van Heusen -- Shout! Wherever you may be I am an American / words and music by Ira Schuster, Paul Cunningham, Leonard Whitcup -- The shrine of St. Cecilia / words by Carroll Loveday, music by Jokern -- Silly Sally from Salem / words & music by Larry Taylor & Jack Erickson -- Six lessons fronm Madame La Zonga / lyric by Charles Newman, music by James V. Monaco -- The sky fell down / lyric by Edward Heyman, music by Louis Alter [partially mutilated] -- So long / by Russ Morgan, Remus Harris and Irving Melsher -- Someday you'll want me to want you / words and music by Jimmie Hodges -- Something to live for / words by G. South, music by Donald Byrne and Max Kortlander -- Sorry for you / words and music by Eddie chambers, Jean S. Epstein and Maurie Hartmann -- Swingin' at the seance / words and music by Al Avey, Edward Stone and Ernie Carnice -- Talkin' to my heart / by Jimmy Dorsey, Paul Sanders & Mel Ball -- That's when your heartaches begin / by William Raskin, Geo. Brown (Billy Hill) and Fred Fisher -- There's a blackout in my Blue Ridge Mountain home / lyrics by Al Fish and Charles O'Flynn, music by Jack Betzner -- This is my country / words by Don Raye, music by Al Jacobs -- Thunder in my heart / words and music by Lew Sherwood and Frank Edwards -- Tiny old town / lyric by Stanley Adams, music by Carmen Lombardo -- Till my last kiss / lyric by Peter Tinturin, music by Lanny Grey -- The vocalizing song (Baby I'm mad about you) / words and music by Archie Gottler, Muoe Marsala & Jimmy Franklin -- Walkin' by the river / lyric by Robert Sour, music by Una Mae Carlisle -- Was it meant to be / music by Arnold New, words by George Leclaire -- We're all going out to vote for Willkie / words and music by Jock McGraw and Mary Schaeffer -- We three (My echo, my shadow and me) / words and music by Dick Robertson, Nelson Cogane and Sammy Mysels -- When Ezra ;plahyed his tweedle-dee-twee / words by Geo. C. Mackinnon, music by Ray Perkins -- When Havana's alseep = (Cuando la Habana duerme) / Spanish lyric sby Armando Valdespi, muisc by Neal Brown and Allan Clark, lyrics by Leverett Edwards -- When you said "good-bye" / by Freddie Large, Harry Glick Jimmy Lampiasi -- Where do you keep your heart? / lyric by Al Stillman, music by Fred E. Ahlert [partially mutilated] -- Whispering grass (Don't tell the trees) / words by Fred Fisher, music by Doris Fisher -- Why do you stand there in the rain? / words and music by Woody Guthrie -- Willie, Willie, Willie (Why you cry?) / by Buck Ram -- The wise old owl / words and music by Joe Ricardel -- The Yankee Doodle polka / lyric by John LaTouche, music by Vernon Duke -- You (As you are) / words and music by Gladys Shelley, Fred C. Mann, Michael Pronin -- You're breaking my heart all over again / by James Cavanaugh, John Redmond & Arthur Altman [partially mutilated] -- You, you darlin' / lyric by Jack Scholl, music by M.K. Jerome [partially mutilated] -- Your flag and mine / words and music by Benny Davis, Harry Akst and Larry Spier -- Your homeland and my homeland / lyric by Sam M. Lewis, music by J. Fred Coots.
- P.S. 1940 series 3: A baby song to mother / by Jewell Gilbert & "Pappy" Cheshire -- Blue dreams / lyric by Norman Lee Connard, music by Charlie Lambert -- Blue ranger / music by Tom Gindhart, words by Jack Howard -- The covered wagon rolled right along : from Knights on the range / words and music by Britt Wood and Hy Heath -- A cowboy's gal / lyric by Lew Brown, music by Sammy Fain -- Crazy little dream / lyric by Charles Carpenter, music by Henri Wood -- Dance with a dolly (With a hole in her stockin') / by Terry Shand, Jimmy Eaton and Mickey Leader -- Dear old daddy / [by] Lola Smith & Roy Smith -- Dinner for the duchess / by Jimmy Dale, Buddy Kaye -- Do you hear what I hear? / by Mary Schaeffer, Walter Kent, Al Hoffman -- Funny little Pedro / lyric by Bee Arden and Ray Charles, music by Ruth Lowe -- He's my uncle / lyric by Charles Newman, music by Lew Pollack -- Heads you win (Tails I lose) / words and music by Leonard G. Feather -- How dear are you / words and music by Frank Siwek -- I hear a rhapsody / by George Fragos, Jack Baker and Dick Gasparre -- I'll wear a white rose (on Mother's Day) / words & music by Lulu Bennett -- If I could blot out the past / words and music by Gussie L. Davis and Stephen G. Thayer -- In swamp lands / words by Harry Fredericks, music by Bingie Madison -- In the garden / [by] C. Austin Miles -- It's the last time I'll fall in love / lyric by Charley Tobias, music by Sam H. Stept -- J'attendrai / musique de Dino Olivieri, paroles Louis Poterat -- Mount Rushmore memorial / words and music by Irving Weitzner -- Old saw mill / words and music by Frank Siwek -- Old Shep / words and music by Clyde (Red) Foley, arranged by John Bach -- Playmates / words and music by Saxie Dowell -- The rangers' victory song / words and music by J. Fred Coots -- Remember Paris / lyric by Leslie Fenton, music by Ann Dvorak -- Saga of the poney express / words and music by Irving Weitzner -- Scrub me mama with a boogie beat / words and music by Don Raye -- Silver threads and golden dreams / words and music by Mack David, Carmen Lombardo and Sam H. Stept -- Somewhere over the moon / words by Harold Rome, music by Franz Funk -- Square from Delaware / words and music by Leonard G. Feather -- Swingin' on one note / words and music by Jay Arnold, Julius Schein, Dave Ringle -- Tumblewees, guide me back home / words and music by Bobby Gregory -- Two shadows on the sand / words and music by R. Alex Anderson, Norman Burlingame -- Under the Tonto Rim / words and music by Mack Kay, Bernard Houben and Julius Schein -- The wedding rhumba / by Abraham Ellstein, Allan Small, Joseph Liebowitz -- When the sails are set for home / words and music by John Klenner, Irving Mills and George McConnell -- Willkie victory march / words and music by Ned Brisben, Tom Johnstone, Eva Ulrich -- You fascinate me / lyric by Nomran Lee Connard, music by Charlie Lambert.
- P.S. 1940 series 4: I have a song / words and music by Harold J. Rome -- My bicycle girl / words by Oscar Hammerstein IInd, music by Arthur Schwartz -- Reizele / words & music by M. Gebirtig, arranged by Sholom Secunda.
- P.S. 1941 series 1: All-American polka / words by Artie Jones, Faith Breslau, Eddie Dorrr, music by Emery H. Heim -- All girls are beautiful / words by Gladys Shelley, music by Ruth Cleary -- And so it ended / by Joan Edwards and Jack Edwards -- Anything / lyric by Roy Jacobs, music by Phil Napoleon, Frank Signorelli -- Are you all reet! / words and music by Cab Calloway, Allan Clark and Jack Palmer -- B-I-Bi / by S.K. Russell, Judy and Beverly Freeland -- (I'm in a) Blue mood / words and music by Julius Dixon, Willie Johnson, Artie Coleman -- Blue moonlight / by Milton Ager and Joe Sanders -- Blue mountains in the moonglow / words & music by E. Calvin Teague, Bernice Teague & Ray Hibbeler -- Blue rain drops / words by Edgar Leslie, music by George W. Meyer -- The boogie woogie piggy / by Roy Jacobs -- The building of Boulder Dam / words and music by Ben Kanter -- By-u by-o (The Lou'siana lullaby) / by Jack Owens, Ted McMichael, Leo V. Killion -- Candles and Camellias / by Kay Twomey, Geraldine Scofield & Lee Wainer -- Can't we live this dream together? / lyric by Will Lorin, music by Malcolm Reid, title by Ross C. Lloyd -- Chances are / lyric by Jack Meskill, music by Murray Mencher -- Coming and going / lyric by Dick Warner, music by Fran Doherty -- Conversation at midnight / lyric by Michey Lash, music by Otto Karp & Irwin Young -- The day you say goodbye (to old Hawaii) / words and music by Jack Meskill, Don George and Johnny Noble -- Deep in the heart of Texas / words by June Hershey, music by Don Swander -- Don't come knockin' on my door no more / words by Esther Vansciver, music by Bob Miller -- Don't miss on that bass / words and music by Fess Williams -- Do the Dubonnet / words and music by Sander Heyman, Albert Gamse and Mal Eaton -- Down on the old Chisca Trail / words by carl De Vries, music by Bob Miller -- Down where the Delta begins / lyric by Larry Wynn, music by Jerry Besler -- Drop in any old time / lyric and music by Mack Kay & Mike Valentine -- Essential to me / lyrics by Mort Greene, music by Fred Stryker -- Ev'rybody has the right to be screwy in his won way / words and music by Bob Miller -- Everything happens to me / lyric by Tom Adair, music by Matt Dennis -- Facing the future (Without you) / words and music by Mary Schaeffer and Fred Meadows -- 4-11-44 / by Arthur Fields & George Davis -- Funny fella Phillip / words and music byJohn Redmond, Nat Simon and James Cavanaugh -- Ghosts in my heart / words by Ina George, music by Theo Gray -- God bless Old Glory / words by Irene M. Reyes, music by Ray Hibbeler -- God save America / by Frank Nadvornik -- Hallelujah things look great / words and music by Dave Ringle and Fred F. Forrest -- Have a heart for someone (who has a heart for you) / words and music by Murray Sturm and Walter C. Ness -- Hawaiian sunset / lyrics by Sammy Kaye and Billy Kaye, music by Sammy Kaye -- The hicky Ricky / [by] Esvan Mosby, Chappie Willet, Albert Gibson -- Honeybunch / words and music by Bill Wirges and Marsh Crosley -- How about you / lyric by Ralph Freed, music by Burton Lane -- How strange / words and music by L. Hill Hamilton and Dave Ringle -- Hundred pounds of sugar / words and music by Herbie Holmes and Mary Schaeffer -- I'm in the army now / words and music by Frank Luther -- I'm moving out of Dreamland into Loveland / words by George A. Little, music by Larry Shay -- I'm on the way out of your heart / words and music by Benny McLaughlin -- I'm still bettin' on love / by George A. Little, Howard Steiner and Larry Shay -- I'm struttin' my material / words by Esther Van Sciver, music by Bob Miller -- I'm thrilled / lyric by Sylvia Dee, music by Sidney Lippman -- I'm trusting in you / by Fred Rose -- I dream of you / words and music by Leon Neville, Sandy Guyer and Frank Capano -- I found you in the rain : adapted from the Chopin prelude no. 7 / words and music Harold Barlow -- I've been thinkin' / words and music by Harvey Harding -- I just had to come back / words and music by Kay Twomey, Peter Thomas & Lee Wainer -- I should worry / words by Roy Alfred, music by Marvin Fisher -- I told you so - remember? / lyric by Fred Wise, music by Al Frisch -- I tried / words and music by Carl Nutter, Paul Hand and Clark Dennis -- I want to sing about you / wpords and music by Virgil Van Cleve and Joe Jordan -- I went out of my way / words and music by Helen Bliss -- I'll be back in a year, little darlin' / words and music by Ben Shelhamer Jr., Claude Heritier and Russ Hull -- I won't cry when we say goodbye / words and music by Irene Delmore -- If money grew on trees / words and music by Leon René -- If that isn't love, what is it? / words and music by Louis Robinson and Harry I. Robinson -- If this be love (make the most of it) / by Bob Kahn, Milton Leeds & Nat Lewis -- (I'll come back dear) If you're still in love with me / by Jimmie Davis & Buddy Jones -- If you can't say something good about someone ('tis better to say nothing at all) / words & music by Frankie More -- In my heart you'll always be mine / by Jimmie Davis & Buddy Jones -- In Santiago Bay / lyric by Julian Voloshin, music by Milton Shaw -- (I lost my heart) In the heart of the Rockies / lyric by John Morgenstern, music by Sidney Burston -- In the shadow off a memory / words by Dave Saks, music by Jack Mishkin -- It's all so simple / by Bob Green, George Pirraglia -- It's not the same / by Will Lorin & John Gerald -- It may not be love, but oh! oh! / [by] Gilbert Roe and Kenneth Krippene -- Jack and Jill nd the little red mill / words and music by Joe Feldman & Bobby Gregory -- Under a pineapple tree / words and music by Bobby Gregory -- Jersey bounce / words by Robert B. Wright, music by Bobby Plater, Tiny Bradshaw, Edward Johnson -- Joltin' Joe Di Maggio / words by Alan Courtney, music by Ben Homer -- Juke box roundelay / words and music by Kahn Keene and Lou Ricca -- Just a kiss ago / lyric by Don George, music by Marcia Neil -- Just a plain old range cowboy / words by David Wellman Ray, music by La Verne Peterson -- Just an old faded flower / words by Laura Reich, music by Ray Hibbeler -- Just another day / words and music by Claude Reese, Larry Stanton, Fred Patrick -- Just like that / lyric by Roy Alfred, music by Marvin Fisher.
- Kickin' the conga around / words and music by Sam M. Stept -- Knockin' at your door / words and music by Si Rothman -- Learn a little Latin lingo / words and music by James Cavanaugh, John Redmond and Nat Simon -- Let's get together / lyric by Jerry Bowne, music by Warren Lewis -- Liable to do it / words and music by Mae Mitchell, Roy Harmon, Mack Kay and Dave Townsend -- Little darling don't you cry / words & music by Yodeling Frankie Townsend -- Little man with a candy cigar / lyric by Frank Kilduff, music by Matt Dennis -- Little Miss Irish / lyrics by Milton Leeds, music by Al Frisch -- Love with never die / lyric by Simon Balicer, music by Viola Geraen -- Magical moments / words by Lou Citro, music by Charles Wynn -- The man in the moon / words and music by Jerry Lawrence, Jerry Gray, John Benson Brooks -- Mem'ries of Vilia / new lyric by Jackie Knox, music by Franz Lehar -- Modern design / words and music by Sammy Kaye, Ron Perry, Stanley Broadhurst -- Montague the terrific / by George Dennis -- Moon river / words by Merrill D. Tonning, music by Leroy L. Maule -- Moon time / lyric by Jack Meskill, music by E.P. La Freniere -- Mother America / words and music by Fred Meadows -- Music makers / words by Don Raye, music by Harry James -- My heart's desire / words by Edith Tillotson, music by Theodore Gray -- My lost horizon / lyrics by Roy Jacobs, music by Parker Lee -- The Nadocky / English lyric by Bud Green, lyric by Eugene Jelesnik, music by O. Kolina -- Next spring / words and music by Sammy Arnecillo and Bobby Gregory -- Oh! Look at me now / words by John De Vries, music by Joe Bushkin -- Old fashioned clock / lyric by Harry Pyle, Charles French, music by E.P. La Freniere -- Papa Niccolini (The happy cobbleer) / words and music by Anne Jean Edwards, Don George -- A picture of you / by Sophia Kroger Lafrenz, arranged by Burrell Van Buren -- Please send me someone to love / words and music by Jack Hermann and Frank Capano -- Puppy fluffy (My pet pup) / by Johnny Tucker -- Prairie road's a-windin' / words and music by Maude J. Mitchell and Richard Coburn -- Pushin' along / words and music by Redd Evans, Johnny Gomez -- Rapid Dan (He's the duke of Purdue) / by Wendell Hall -- Rocky Mountain lullaby / words by Esther Van Sciver, music by Bob Miller -- Russian Rose / words and music by Sonny Miller and Hugh Charles -- Santa Claus is on his way / lyric by Don Reid and Tedd Eddy, music by Don Reid -- Saturday night / words by Robert B. Wright, music by Elton L. Hill, Edward "Raggs" Johnson -- A scent of gardenia / by Richard French and Theo Gray -- Shiver me timbers! / lyric by Sylvia Dee, music by Joseph Shalit -- Sing V for victory / words and music by Peter Van Steeden & Art McKay -- A sinner kissed an angel / words by Mack David, music by Ray Joseph -- Slumber song / words by Saul Tepper, music by J.C. MacGregor -- So ends our night / lyric by Billy Abrams, music by Andy Iona (Long) -- Someone's rocking my dreamboat / [by] Leon René, Emerson Scott, Otis René -- Stardreams / words and music by Sylvia Dee, Charlie Spivak, Sonny Burke -- The story of a starry night (adapted from Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique" symphony) / words and music by Al Hoffman, Mann Curtis, Jerry Livingston -- Struttin' in the straw / words and music by James Cavanaugh, John Redmond and Nat Simon -- Sunday morning quarterback / words and music by Fred Hillebrand -- Sweet silence / words and music by Fred C. Mann, Michael Pronin and Frank Capano -- The swing-time boogie-boo man / lyric by Andrew B. Sterling, music by Harry Von Tilzer -- Tears in Tennessee / words and music by Jack Palmer and Willard robison -- Thank you / lyric by Artie Jones, music by Emery H. Heim -- Thanks for breaking my heart / lyrics by Irene Delmore, music by Bobby Gregory -- That made him mad / by Danny Barker -- That old mission bell (in the valley) / words by Louis O'Connell, music by Dick Jurgens -- There they go! (My boy and your boy) / words by L.R. Matlock, music by Betty Gassaway and Thelma Mary Brown -- The things I should have said / lyric by Jack Lawrence, music by Louis Alter -- This melody (from Concerto in B-- minor by Peter I. Tchaikovsky) / adapted and arranged by George Sumner, lyric by Jimmie Franklin -- Those good old fluffy ruffle days / lyric and music by Abel Baer, Cliff Hess and Joe Rines -- Time changes everything / words and music by Tommy Duncan -- To prove my love / lyrics by Raymondd Leveen, music by Maria Grever -- Too blue to cry / words by Esther Van Sciver, music by Bob Miller -- (Trav'lin' down) The trail of June dreams / words by Esther Van Sciver, music by Bob Miller -- Twice in a lifetime / words and music by Lou Shelly, Bette Cannon and Sammy Kaye -- Two hearts that pass in the night / lyric by Forman Brown, music by Ernesto Lecuona -- An unfinished symphony (after a theme fronm Franz Schubert's "Unfinished symphony") / words by Ina George, music by Hugh W. Schubert -- We are Americans too / by Andy Razaf, Eubie Blake and Chas. L. Cooke -- When the purple's on the sage in Arizona / words and music by Elmer McCollum, Thomas Colangelo, Bobby Gregory -- Strawberry blonde / words and music by Bobby Gregory -- When winter comes / words and music by Mel Asher -- Where are you now? / words and music by Bob Miller -- Where is our love? / words and music by Larry Cotton, Bill Carey & Carl Fischer -- The whistling cowboy / words and music by Kay Twomey, Fred Wise and Al Frisch -- Why not / words and music by Ann Kirk, Ann Hardymon & Bobby Gregory -- Don't never trust a woman / words and music by Bobby Gregory -- Will you still be mine? / lyric by tom Adair, music by Matt Dennis -- The wind blows free / lyric by Jimmy Tyson, music by Irving Leshner -- Worried mind / words & music by Jimmie Davis & Ted Daffon -- You're my darling / words and music by Jimmie Davis -- You betcha my life / lyric by Jo Dennis, music by Matt Dennis -- You've got a million reasons to smile / words and music by Al Sherman and Bob Effros -- You mean so much to me / words and music by John W. Travis & Johnny Tucker -- You talk too much / words and music by Harold Barlow -- You'll never know / words by Esther Van Sciver, music by Bob Miller -- You won all the glamor (Bugt I won all the love) / lyrics by Irene Delmore, music by Bobby Gregory -- Your love is ev'rything / words and music by Alice Doyle Sausser and Frank Capano.
- Call Number
- *ZB-2491 reel 52
- American popular songs, 1895-1973 [microform] : reel 52.
- [Various places] : [various publishers], ©1940-1941.
- Microfilm. New York : New York Public Library, 1991. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (MN *ZZ-31921)
- Research Call Number
- *ZB-2491 reel 52