- Additional Authors
- Found In
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- 1 streaming audio file (3 minutes) : digital, stereo
- Uniform Title
- Territory of art (Radio program)
- Alternative Title
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection. Audio materials.
- Radio adaptations.
- Radio plays.
- Title, date, content and broadcast information provided by cataloger based on handwritten note on original container and the online Los Angeles Time's article, "MOCA gives artists new voice via airwaves," by Janice Arkatov (October 26, 1989), accessed on March 31, 2014.
- Handwritten note on printed label on original container: "52nd Street [address], 15 I.P.S., NAB, no NR, Stereo, Transfer from: Master ; "Where does the exile live?" (2:30 excerpt) ; Produced for 'The Territory of Art' by Peter Sellars".
- Contains an excerpt of Where does the exile live?, an adaptation of Ezra Pound's translation of Zeami's Nō play, Kagekiyo, for a broadcast on KCRW of the radio program Territory of art, produced by the Musem of Contemporary Art.
- Donor's inventory number: R130.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Source (note)
- Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation,
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Call Number
- *LT-7-A 2359
Sellars, Peter, radio director.
Where does the exile live? [excerpt] : The territory of art, radio program / adapted and directed by Peter Sellars.
- Playing Time
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Broadcast on KCRW radio and transferred from the master recording in Los Angeles, California, 1989.
- Original Version
Archival original: (1 audiotape reel (5 minutes) : analog, 15 ips, 2 track, stereo ; 7 in.) in *LT-7-A 2359.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Local Note
Transferred from original open tape reel by the New York Public Library's Audio and Moving Image Preservation (PAMI) sound engineering staff at the Library for the Performing Arts on February 27, 2014. To create the streaming file, the sound engineers edited out the recording silences in the preservation file, thus the discrepancies in length between the preservation file and the streaming file.
Gift; Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, 2011-2012.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Container of (work) : Zeami, 1363-1443. Kagekiyo. Selections.
Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972, translator.
KCRW (Radio station : Santa Monica, Calif.), broadcaster.
Museum of Contemporary Art (Los Angeles, Calif.), radio producer.
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, donor.
- Added Title
Territory of art (Radio program)
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection. Audio materials.
- Found In:
Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation Collection.
- Research Call Number