- Additional Authors
- 84 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., ports.; 23 cm.
- Alternative Title
- Trial and confession of Albert W. Hicks
- Trial and confession of Albert W. Hicks.
- Hicks, Albert W., approximately 1820-1860 > Trials, litigation, etc
- Watts, Smith, -1860
- Watts, Oliver, -1860
- Trials (Piracy) > New York (State) > New York
- Edwin A. Johnson (Sloop)
- Burr, George H., 1821?-1860
- Trial in U.S. Circuit Court for the Southern District of New York, commencing May 18, 1860, for piracy.
- "The Confession [p. 39-66] was made ... to me and Mr. G.W. Clackner, he writing down the statement ... [with corrections]"--letter to New York times, July 12, 1860, signed: Lorenzo De Angelis.
- Reproduction of original from Huntington Library.
- Sabin no. 31709.
- Indexed In (note)
- Reproduction (note)
Hicks, Albert W., approximately 1820-1860.
The life, trial, confession and execution of Albert W. Hicks, the pirate and murderer [electronic resource] : executed on Bedloe's Island, New York Bay, on the 13th of July, 1860, for the murder of Capt. Burr, Smith and Oliver Watts on board the oyster sloop E. A. Johnson : containing the history of his life from childhood up to the time of his arrest / (written by himself) ; with a full account of his piracies, murders, mutinies, high-way robberies, etc., comprising the particulars of one hundred murders! ; to which is added the account of his arrest, imprisonment, trial and execution ; also, his phrenological character, as described by L.N. Fowler.
New York : R.M. De Witt, 
- Indexed In:
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Local Note
Library's copy imperfect: some bleed-through of text.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
De Angelis, Lorenzo, active 1860.
Fowler, L. N. (Lorenzo Niles), 1811-1896.
United States. Circuit Court (New York : Southern District)
- Running Title
Trial and confession of Albert W. Hicks
- Added Title
Trial and confession of Albert W. Hicks.