American popular songs, 1895-1973 reel 36.
- American popular songs, 1895-1973 [microform] : reel 36.
- [Various places] : [various publishers], ©1930.
Items in the Library & Off-site
Search by Year
|Status||Container||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Available - Can be used on site. Please visit New York Public Library - Performing Arts Research Collections to submit a request in person.
|reel 36: 1930||Notated music||Use in library||*ZB-2491 reel 36: 1930||Performing Arts Research Collections - Music|
- 1 microfilm reel.
- Popular songs chiefly for voice and piano.
- Titles in order of apperance on microfilm.
- Reproduction (note)
- P.S. 1930 series 1: Alone with my dreams / words by Gus Kahn, music by Harry Archer -- Always in all ways : from Monte Carlo / words by Leo Robin, music by Richard A. Whiting and W. Franke Harling -- Am I the one? / by Rudy Vallée and Bob West -- Am I gonna see you some more? / by Walter Donaldson -- Am I your once-in-a-while / words and music by Abner Silver and al Hoffman -- And then your lips met mine / words by Ozzie Nelson, music by Matt Malneck and Frank Signorelli -- Any old time / words and music by Jimmie Rodgers -- Are you ashamed of me? / lyric by Sammy Lerner, music by Al Hoffman -- Around the corner / words by Gus Kahn, music by Art Kassel -- As long as you’re near me / words by Sammy Lerner, music by Burton Lane -- ‘Neath a blanket of stars / by Chris Schonberg & George Waggner -- Bless your little heart / by Haven Gillespie, Joe Bennett and Charlie Straight -- Blue melody / lyrics by Sammy Lerner, music by Dana Suesse -- Blue Mountain shack / words and music by John R. Forrest, George Waggner and Charlie Hill -- Bonsoir = Good night, chéri / paroles françaises de Battaille-Henri, English lyric by David Sidney, music by Charles Maduro -- (I was) Born to be blue / words by Al Hoffman, music by Abner Silver -- By all the stars above you (I love you, I love you, I do) / words by ray O’Hara and Max Wartell, music by Charles Williams -- Carmelita / words and music by Raymond Eldred -- Cheer up (good times are comin’) / lyric by Ray Klages, music by Jesse Greer -- Chinnin’ and chattin’ with May / lyric and music by Buddy Fields & Seymour Simons -- Colombiana / lyrics by David Sidney, music by Charles Maduro -- Come back tonight in my dreams / by Chas. L. Johnson -- Contemplation / words by R.-B . Evans, music by S. Hamy, arr. by J. Paques -- By a window at the end of the lane / by Fred Howard & Nat Vincent, piano arrangement by Vern Elliott -- Courtin’ time / by Fred Stoddard, Dick Coburn & Earl Burtnett -- Crying myself to sleep! / words by John Klenner, music by Pete Wendling -- Dancing with tears in my eyes / lyric by Leo Robin, music by Joe Burke -- Don’t ask me why = Das Lied ist aus / words by Walter Reisch and A. Robinson, English version by Joe Young, music by Robert Stolz -- Don’t tell her what happened to me / by B.G. De Sylva, Lew Brown and Ray Henderson -- Draggin’ my heart around / words & music by Alexander Hill -- Dreamy Rocky Mountain moon / lyric by Harry Leonard, music by Kamie Belfils -- F’r instance / by Paul Denniker -- For you / lyric by Al Dubin, music by Joe Burke -- Futuristic melody / words & music by Victor Rose, Cora Gordon, Bobby Gregory -- A garden of roses and you / by Charles Tobias and Peter De Rose -- Gazing at the stars / words & music by Jesse Crawford & George Fairman -- The Gold Star Mothers’ parade / by Clarence Gaskill -- (Those doggone) Golfers blues / words & music by Alice Keating, Howlett and Will Livernash -- Good evenin’ / by Tot Seymour, Charles O’Flynn and Al Hoffman -- Havin’ you around is heaven / by Al Sherman & Al Lewis -- He’s not worth your tears / lyric by Mort Dixon and Billy Rose, music by Harry Warren[2 copies] -- Headin’ for better times / by Charles Tobias & Murray Mencher -- Homemade sunshine / by Sammy Fain, Irving Kahal and Pierre Norman -- How are you tonight in Hawaii? / lyric by Edgar Leslie, music by Harry Warren -- I’m feeling blue (‘cause I’ve got nobody) / lyric by Dorothy Fields, music by Jimmy McHugh -- I’m happy if you’re happy / by Eddie Dowling, Benny Ross and John Sorrentino -- I’m lonesome as I can be / words by Eugene West, music by Jack Glogau -- I’m love starved / lyric by Frank Samuels and Vin Sandry, music by Meyer Gusman -- I’m needin’ you / lyric by Joe Young, music by Little Jack Little -- I’m singing you love songs to somebody else / by Lou Herscher -- I’m so in love with you / words and music by Irving Mills and Duke Ellington -- I’m yours / words by E.Y. Harburg, music by John W. Green -- I had to lose you (to learn you were meant for me) / by Saul Klein, Jack Le Soir, and Ray Doll -- I hate myself (for falling in love with you) / lyrics by Dave Oppenheim & Nick Kenny, music Abner Silver & Cornell -- I have a sweetheart (and mother is her name) / words by Peter Demmery, and Fred Hilker -- music by Jacob Conrad -- I haven’t heard a single word from baby / by Eddie Cantor, Billy Moll and Murray Mencher -- I love the rain / words by Al Bryan, music by Charles Maduro -- I still remember / words by Charles Tobias & Sam Word, music by Peter De Rose -- I want a little girl / words by Billy Moll, music by Murray Mencher -- I will love you, always / words by Charles Horowitz, music by Frederick V. Bowers -- (I wish I were) Back in your arms tonight / by Con Conrad, Al Sherman and Al Lewis -- If I ever find another sweetheart / words by Irving Caesar, music by Peter TinTurin -- If I had a girl like you / words and music by Louis M. McDermott -- If you u can’t have the girl of your dream) / words by Joe Young, music by Harry Warren -- If you didn’t care for me (If I didn’t care for you) / [by[ Sherman, Lewis & Smith Ballew -- In a canoe (beneath the willows the river) / words by J. Paul Fogerty, music by Jules Kay Stein -- In a window, in a house, in Caroline / by Billy Frischen & Otto Motzan -- In my Russian dreamland / lyric by Teyet Ramar, music by Violet Reiser -- In old Granada / lyrics by Elizabeth Evelyn Moore, music by Chas. Maduro -- It’s a long, long road I’m travelin’ on (but I got good shoes) / lyric by Joe Young, music by Cliff Hess -- It’s an old Spanish custon in the moonlight / lyric by Edgar Leslie, music by George W. Keller -- It’s time to say aloha / by Fred Howard & Nat Vincent.
- June kisses / words by John Roberts, music by Jack Clifford -- Just another night with you / by Charles Newman & Frank Magine, arranged by Bert Peters -- Keep a song in your soul / by Thomas Waller and Alexander Hill -- Lazy Lou’siana moon / by Walter Donaldson -- Legionnaires / words and music by Philip Holmes -- Like a dream / words and music by Vincent Rose, Benee Russell and Harold Solomon -- Little did I know / words by Irving Kahal and Pierre Norman, music by Vernon Duke and Sammy Fain -- Little Spanish dancer / lyric by Tot Seymour, music by Mabel Wayne -- Little white lies / by Walter Donaldson -- Lonesome lover / lyric by Al Bryan, music by James V. Monaco [lead sheet] -- Lost soul / by Benée Russell -- Love’s melody / by Chester E. Frost and Howard Grode -- The man from the south (with a big cigar in his mouth) / by Rube Bloom and Harry Woods -- The mender of broken dreams / words by Sam M. Lewis, music by Jesse Greer -- The midnight kiss (that faded with the dawn) / by Fred Fisher -- Mistaken in love / words by Mort Dixon, music by Lew Pollack -- The mug song / by Clarence Gaskill -- My bluebird was caught in the rain / words by Henry Creamer, music by Max Rich -- My ideal / words by Leo Robin, music by Richard A. Whiting and Newell Chase -- My Jean / lyric by Walter Hirsch, music by Gertrude Lincoff -- Mysterious Mose / by Walter Doyle -- My religion is you / lyric by Paul Francis Webster, music by John Jacob Loeb -- Oh, how I miss you / lyric by Walter Hirsch, music by Frank Magine -- Oh! What are you doin’ to me? / words by Stella Unger, music by Fred Phillips -- Old New England moon / words & music by Dave Vance & George P. Howard -- On a blue and moonless night / by Charles O’Flynn, Al Hoffman & Will Osborne -- On a little balcony in Spain / by Saul Klein, Jack LeSoir & Ray Doll -- On a night like this (beneath a lover’s moon) / lyric by Vin Sandry, music by Meyer Gusman -- On Revival Day / words & music by Andy Razaf -- On the winding Santa Fé / by L. Wolfe Gilbert and Abel Baer -- One night alone with you / by Jack Hylton and Andrew T. Jeffrey -- Only a midnight adventure / lyric by Edgar Leslie, music by Seymour Simons -- Over the radio waves / words and music by Victor Rose, Cora Gordon, Bobby Gregory -- The peanut vendor = (El Manisero) / popular version lyrics by Marion Sunshine, music by Moisés Simons, arr. by Lawrence Kempton -- Please don’t talk about me when I’m gone / by Sidney Clare, Sam H. Stept and Bee Palmer -- Puttin’ it on for baby / by Ted Koehler and Rube Bloom -- Reaching for the moon / by Irving Berlin -- The river and me / words by Al Dubin, music by Harry Warren -- Roamin’ thru the roses / lyric by Charles O’Flynn, music by Peter De Rose -- Rollin’ down the river / lyrics by R. Stanley Adams, music by Thomas Waller -- Say a little prayer for me / lyric by Joseph George Gilbert, music by Horatio Nicholls -- She’s a very good friend of a friend of a friend of a very good friend of mine / words by Charles O’Flynn & Frank Flynn, music by Pete Wendling -- She loves me just the same / words by J. Paul Fogarty and Rudy Vallée, music by Joe Sanders -- Sing song girl ( Little yella Cinderella) / words by Joseph McCarthy, music by James F. Hanley -- Sing your way home / lyric by Edgar Leslie & Joe Young, music by James Monaco [2 copies] -- Sleepy clouds / lyric by Bill Glass, music by Gay Stevens and Bob Keller -- Sleepy lagoon / words by Jack Lawrence, music by Eric Coates -- Snowflakes / by Charles O’Flynn & Jack Erickson -- So beats my heart for you / by Pat Ballard, Charles Henderson and Tom Waring -- So sweet / words and music by Haven Gillespie, Ben Kanter & Nelson Shawn -- So sympathetic / words by Gus Kahn, music by Harry Archer -- Soldier on the shelf / words by Erell Reaves, music by Sherman Myers -- The song without a name / words and music by Benée Russell [2 copies] -- Sweet Jennie Lee! / by Walter Donaldson -- Sweetheart of my student days / lyric by Gus Kahn, music by Seymour Simons -- Swingin’ in a hammock / words by Tot Seymour & Chas. O’Flynn, music by Pete Wendling -- Tell me why you love me / words by Elizabeth A. Miele, music by Misha and Wesley Portnoff -- Telling it to the daisies (but it never gets back to you) / lyric by Joe Young, music by Harry Warren -- Them there eyes / by Maceo Pinkard, William Tracy & Doris Tauber -- There’s something missing in your eyes / by L. Wolfe Gilbert and Dave Dreyer -- Tie a little string around your finger (so you’ll remember me) / lyric and music by Seymour Simons -- (The musical romance of) Tom Thumb and Tiny Teena / words and music by Felix Bernard, Herb Magidson and Sam Perry -- Truly I love you / words by Walter Hirsch, music by Frank Magine -- Trying (But I can’t forget) / words and music by Saul Tepper and Jack Cohen -- Twenty Swedes ran through the weeds (chasing one Norwegian) / by Al Bryan and Billy Moll -- Under the spell of your kiss / words by Joan Jasmym, music by M.K. Jerome -- Under the sweetheart tree / words and music by Bud Green and Sam. H. Stept -- Under Vesuvian skies / words by Edgar Leslie, music by Burton Lane -- Until you came my way / by Jappie Judd & Lou Herscher -- The waltz you saved for me / lyric by Gus Kahn, music by Wayne King and Emil Flindt -- Was I just another love affair to you? / by Con Conrad, Al Sherman and Al Lewis -- Washing dishes (with my sweetie) / words and music by Peter Dixon, Tom Neely & Dave Ringle -- Wasting my love on you / words by Edgar Leslie, music by Harry Warren -- The wedding of the birds / words by Harry Tobias, music by Henry H. Tobias & Charley Kisco -- What good am I without you? / by Milton Ager -- What good am I without you / by Mort Browne, Lou Herscher -- What’s the use? / words and music by Isham Jones and Charles Newman -- When I hear the song of the river / by Alfred Solman and George Brown -- When it’s harvest time in peaceful valley / lyric & music by Robert Martin -- When the bloom is on the stage / words & music by Fred Howard & Nat Vincent -- When you fall in love, fall in love with me / by Charles Tobias, Vincent Rose and Benée Russell -- When you say you will be mine / words by Al Katzin, music by Jack Betzner -- Who’s calling your sweetheart to-night / words by Charles O’Flynn & Ben Gordon, music by Pete Wendling -- With all my heart / words by Tom Ford, music by Earl Lawrence and Jack Mason -- Wonder / words by Andy Razaf, music by Spencer Williams & Cliff Burwell -- Wonder where my Cinderella can be / lyrics by Bernie Grossman, music by Lou Handman -- Worryin’ over you / words by Charles Tobias, music by Peter De Rose -- You darlin’ / by Harry Woods -- (You were only) Passing time with me / words and music by Alexander Hill [2 copies] -- You’ll get pie in the sky when you die / words and music by Charlie Craver -- You’re driving me crazy! (What did I do?) / by Walter Donaldson -- You’re still the same sweetheart of mine / words & music by Victor Rose, Cora Gordon, Bobby Gregory -- Yours and mine / words by Steve Nelson, music by Johnny Burke.
- P.S. 1930 series 2: Along the highway of love / lyric by Tommy Christian, music by Blaine A. Stone -- At the end of the day with you / lyric by Walter Rafael, music by John McLaughlin -- Baby’s birthday party / by Ann Ronell -- Beneath the moon of Mexico ( = Luna Mexicana) / lyrics by Harold Adamson and Mack Gordon, Spanish lyrics by Adolfo Utrera, music by Harry Revel -- Blue moments / by Margie Morris, Josef Hoffman, Harry Filler & Frank Capano -- Come out of the kitchen Mary Ann / by James Kendis and Charles Bayha -- Comfy and cozy (in my baby’s arms) / lyric by Roy Turk, music by Fred E. Ahlert -- Congratulations / by Maceo Pinkard, Coleman Goetz and Bud Green & Sam H. Stept -- A cottage for sale / lyric by Larry Conley, music by Willard Robison -- Croonin’ in the moonlight / by John Hancock and Martin Dul Gov -- Dancing with tears in my eyes / lyric by Al Dubin, music by Joe Burke -- [Daughter of the Latin Quarter / American version by Al Dubin and Joe Burke, music by Josef Alexandre -- Don’t say good-night / words by Ben Ryan, music by Lou Handman -- Down the river of golden dreams / words and music by John Klenner & Nathaniel Shilkret -- Eatin’ my heart out for you / words by Max Leff and Nathaniel Leff, music by Muriel Pollock -- Falling in love again (can’t help it) / words and music by Fredrich Hollander -- [unidentified mutilated song] -- Gee, but I’m lonesome tonight / by Mickey -- Georgia on my mind / lyric by Stuart Gorrell, music by Hoagy Carmichael -- Goofus / lyric by Gus Kahn, music by Wayne King and William Harold -- He’s not worth your tears / lyric by Mort Dixon & Billy Rose, music by Harry Warren -- Here comes the sun / words by Arthur Freed, music by Harry Woods -- How’d ja like to go to heaven with a smile? / words and music by Billy Frisch & Otto Motzan -- Hurt / lyric by Al Piantadosi, music by Harold Solomon -- I’m alone because I love you / lyric and music by Joe Young and John Siras -- I’m losing no time winning you / by James Kendrick, Leo Diston & Murray Rich -- I’m so afraid of you / by Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby -- I’m up on a mountain / words and music by Abner Silver & Dave Oppenheim -- I like a little girl like that / words by Jack Yellen, music by Milton Ager -- I remember you from somewhere / words by Edgar Leslie, music by Harry Warren -- I’ll be blue just thinking of you (from now on) / words by George Whiting, music by Pete Wendling -- I’ll never love anyone but you / words by Charles Tobias and Harry Tobias, music by Henry H. Tobias -- If I had a girl like you / words and music by Louis W. McDermott -- If you can’t have the girl of your dreams / words by Joe Young, music by Harry Warren -- If you haven’t got a girl / words by Benny Davis, music by Al Hoffman -- In memory of you / words by Al Dubin, music by Joe Burke -- In the good old sun-sun-sunshine / words by Al Lewis, music by Al Sherman -- Is this a zither? / words and music by Phil Baxter -- Just a little while / by Irving Berlin -- Just to be with you tonight / lyric by Frank Samuels and Vin Sandry, music by Meyer Gusman -- Lady play your mandolin / words by Irving Caesar, music by Oscar Levant -- The little things in life / by Irving Berlin -- Living a life of dreams / lyric and music by Rubey Cowan -- Lonesome lover / lyric by Al Bryan, music by James V. Monaco -- Looking in the window (thinking of you) / lyric by Harry Richman and Al Bryan, muisc by M.K. Jerome -- Make my bed down in Dixieland / words by Harry Clarke, music by Percy Wenrich -- Miami / words & music by Frank A. Lang -- Mississippi miss I miss you / lyric by Frank Samuels and Vin Sandry, music by Meyer Gusman -- Moonlight on the Colorado / words by Billy Moll, music by Robert A. King -- My cherie of Broadway / lyrics by Art Carter, Jean Herbert, music by Irving Actman and Al Koppell -- My dream of happiness is you / words and music by Emil A. Kern -- My heaven is in your arms / words by Alex Sullivan and Joe Candullo, music by Bert Kalmar -- My love for you / lyric by Gus Kahn, music by Grace LeBoy Kahn -- My man from Caroline / by Walter Donaldson -- My Rose of Seville / words by Wm. Cary Duncan, music by William H. Woodin -- A night of love in Hawaii / by Ray Sherwood -- O.K. means old Kentucky / by Herbert Steiner, Al Bryan and Frank Cornwell -- On the old Green Mountain Trail / by Billy Curtis and Joe Verges -- On your tel-tel-television phone / lyrics by Jean Herbert & Al Koppell, music by Irving Actman & Al Gumble -- Pass the sugar / words and music by Joe Keden and Abner Silver -- Personally, I love you / words and music by Ed Nelson and Al Goodhart -- Poor little furnished room girl / words by Tot Seymour, music by J. Russel Robinson -- Reminiscing / lyric by Edgar Leslie, music by Harry Warren -- Savage Sue / by James Kendis, Alexander Hill, Allen Taub, Murray Rich. -- Shadows in the moonlight / words by Herman Pincus, music by Buddy Valentine -- Please stay awake, sleepy baby / lyric by J. Will Callahan, music by Frank Grey -- Smoking cigarettes (Alone with my regrets smoking cigarettes thinking of you) / by James Kendis, Alexander Hill, Allen Taub, Murray Rich. -- Swingin’ in a hammock / words by Tot Seymour & Chas. O’Flynn, music by Pete Wendling -- There’s a sunny smile waiting for me / lyric by Harry D. Kerr, music by Leo Edwards -- Time on my hands (you in my arms) / words by Harold Adamson and Mack Gordon, music by Vincent Youmans -- To-night / words by J. Paul Fogarty, music by Arnold Johnson -- Trav’lin’ all alone / words and music by J.C. Johnson -- Ukulele moon / lyric by Benny Davis, music by Con Conrad -- Walkin’ my baby back home / words and music by Roy Turk, Fred E. Ahlert and Harry Richman -- Wasn’t it nice? / lyric by Joe Young, music by Seymour Simons -- We’re friends again / lyric by Roy Turk, music by Fred E. Ahlert -- What kinda people are you? / by Geo Whiting, Al Hoffman & Pete Wendling -- When night is dreaming / by Mattie L. Dodge -- When your hair has turned to silver (I will love you just the same) / lyric by Charlie Tobias, music by Peter De Rose -- Where are you / words by Jean Herbert and Al Koppell, music by Irving Actman -- Whippoorwill / words & music by Cal De Voll -- The wind in the willows / words by Desmond Carter, music by Vivian Ellis -- You’re the one I care for / lyrics by Harry Link, music by Bert Lown & Chauncey Gray -- I’d rather have you / words and music by Abner Silver & Alan Walker.
- Call Number
- *ZB-2491 reel 36
- American popular songs, 1895-1973 [microform] : reel 36.
- [Various places] : [various publishers], ©1930.
- Microfilm. New York : New York Public Library, 1991. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (MN *ZZ-31921)
- Research Call Number
- *ZB-2491 reel 36