- Additional Authors
- 1 online resource (1 sound file (07 hr., 13 min., 26 sec.)) : digital
- Ira Levinson is in trouble. At ninety-one years old, in poor health and alone in the world, he finds himself stranded on an isolated embankment after a car crash. Suffering multiple injuries, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes and comes into focus beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remain alert by recounting the stories of their lifetime together - how they met, the precious paintings they collected together, the dark days of WWII and its effect on them and their families. Ira knows that Ruth can't possibly be in the car with him, but he clings to her words and his memories, reliving the sorrows and everyday joys that defined their marriage. A few miles away, at a local rodeo, a Wake Forest College senior's life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward -- even life and death - loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans -- a future that Luke has the power to rewrite . . . if the secret he's keeping doesn't destroy it first.
- Romance fiction.
- Source of Description (note)
- Title from title details screen (OverDrive, viewed December 27, 2013).
- 9781619691858 (electronic audio bk.)
- 161969185X (electronic audio bk.)
Sparks, Nicholas, author.
The longest ride / Nicholas Sparks.
[New York] : Hachette Audio, 2013.
- Playing Time
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Read by Ron McLarty and January LaVoy.
Title from title details screen (OverDrive, viewed December 27, 2013).
- Connect to:
- Added Author
McLarty, Ron, narrator.
LaVoy, January, narrator.
- Branch Call Number